Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

Seat Cupra splitter

Hi all, I have seen many older posts about fitting an splitter, now I am guessing this is what I can see on many non S Line cars pictured all over the various websites. So as it looks like a good way of finishing off the front of my "half & half" European A4 I wonder if anybody can tell me what Seat it comes off, as the Cupra seems to be a version not a model?

Thanks, Phil

2. # ADS
    ADS

I'm in Cruise control

Status
    Seat Part number 1ML 805 903

F
    ULL VCDS HEX-USB-CAN Interface available in the staffordshire area pm me.

Audi Baby!

Status
    as above, from the Seat Leon Cupra

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    get it from the dealer ppl on the bay charge loads

I'm in Cruise control

Status
    Mine is still in my shed

F

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks guys, main dealer it is then...
    Phil

1st Gear

Status
    Anyone got any decent photo's of one fitted??

Thanks.

I'm in Cruise control

Status

F

5th Gear

Status
    Or mine:

Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

I'm in Cruise control

Status
    Very clean looking motor you have Nathan.

F

I'm in Cruise control

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    get it from the dealer ppl on the bay charge loads

50 plus on ebay

25 from dealer

F

VAG Addict

Status
    The normal cupra didn't come with this splitter! In fact it was the Leon Cupra R...
    2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

6th Gear

Status
    Mountain Ash, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    just ordered mine with the TW*T increase they now come in at 28.39 trade and 31 odd retail also the part number above is spot on
    My A4 Detailed and finished with Zymol Glasur
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/detaili...ol-glasur.html

A4 S-Line SE 220BHp with full Black pack With black badge (rear one still to fit) two tone Leather, Bose, phone prep in centre arm rest, IPOD conection RS4 pedals suede gear knob handbrake and steering wheel R8 oil Cap

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RMH1A4cab View Post
    Very clean looking motor you have Nathan.
    Cheers mate. Lovingly cleaned by Richardesty....I couldn't stop him
    Nathan

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

I'm in Cruise control

Status
    , i know how that feels can't wait for the weather to get better so i can get the zymol and porter cable out.

F

5th Gear

Status
    Nathan, how many coats did you do the splitter in? Unpainted it does look a little too plasticy (sp?), but painted does look spot on!
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by razza1 View Post
    Nathan, how many coats did you do the splitter in? Unpainted it does look a little too plasticy (sp?), but painted does look spot on!
    In the end it was 3 coats of satin black and 2 coats of satin. However, I've never painted stuff before and ended up painting it many times and gaffing it and having to peel it all again.
    Nathan

6th Gear

Status
    picked mine up this morning not sure weather to spray it or leave it what you all think??

any 1 also know how much you have to cut the centre lugs down or is it jus trial an error till u get the required affect

A4 S-Line SE 220BHp with full Black pack With black badge (rear one still to fit) two tone Leather, Bose, phone prep in centre arm rest, IPOD conection RS4 pedals suede gear knob handbrake and steering wheel R8 oil Cap

5th Gear

Status
    I'd paint it, Rich asked several times why I bothered until he fitted it and you notice the difference. I bought a can of primer, can of satin black from Halfords and bought some clear coat spray off ebay. Took me a few attempts to get used to not over spraying.
    Nathan

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    I'd paint it, Rich asked several times why I bothered until he fitted it and you notice the difference. I bought a can of primer, can of satin black from Halfords and bought some clear coat spray off ebay. Took me a few attempts to get used to not over spraying.
    think i will paint it will fit it as it is for now wen fitting are there any pipes to look out for while drilling the bumper for screw holes

I'm in Cruise control

Status
    Good write up here of fitting the splitter.

finished fitting Cupra R splitter (again) & painting calipers red [now with pics]

Post 29

F

6th Gear

Status
    cheers will check tha out now

1st Gear

Status
    Ok got it now, just need the weather to warm up before I fit it..... too cold to sit out on my drive!
    So painting is the way to go??

Phil

5th Gear

Status
    Yep, paint it but don't spray too much on at any time and prime it first.
    Nathan

3rd Gear

Status
    Yep, paint it but don't spray too much on at any time and prime it first.
    Hi wrath I have a splitter sitting in the garage waiting for me to fit I like the look of your satin black splitter did you spray it before fitting or after and did you need to use plastic primer ?

Thanks

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrow View Post
    Hi wrath I have a splitter sitting in the garage waiting for me to fit I like the look of your satin black splitter did you spray it before fitting or after and did you need to use plastic primer ?
    I painted it before I put it on, didn't want to tape my paintwork and/or have it rain when it dried.

Process was:

Lightly sanded it (there were strands of plastic that needed to be cut off)
    Primer'd with Halfords plastic primer. Think I did two coats (again, don't put too much on)
    Sprayed with Halfords Satin Black paint. Did two or three coats but don't put too much on and don't have any pets in the vicinity :D
    Sprayed 2 coats of clear coat (bought a spray can off ebay).
    Leave for a couple of days and fitted it.
    Nathan

3rd Gear

Status
    I painted it before I put it on, didn't want to tape my paintwork and/or have it rain when it dried.

Process was:

Lightly sanded it (there were strands of plastic that needed to be cut off)
    Primer'd with Halfords plastic primer. Think I did two coats (again, don't put too much on)
    Sprayed with Halfords Satin Black paint. Did two or three coats but don't put too much on and don't have any pets in the vicinity :D
    Sprayed 2 coats of clear coat (bought a spray can off ebay).
    Leave for a couple of days and fitted it.
    Cool thanks for the fast reply thats what i will do then !

5th Gear

Status
    A top view for you guys:

Nathan

5th Gear

Status
    Another one for your Nathan

Do you get any issues with stone chips on it? Imagine it being at that height it might do...

Also how did you get the fog surrounds to fit? Was it just a cut it up job? And where and how much did you get them for?

Cheers
    Darren
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

5th Gear

Status
    Another one for your Nathan
    No problem mate

Do you get any issues with stone chips on it? Imagine it being at that height it might do...

Also how did you get the fog surrounds to fit? Was it just a cut it up job? And where and how much did you get them for?
    I did think about what effect stone chips might have on it and I haven't actually noticed any yet. I'm sure they are there but how frequently do you look that closely to the bottom of your bumper? If it did get a hefty wack then I can always unscrew it from the bumper and respray it.

Ah, the fog grilles They are the original S-Line ones but Richardesty had some spare RS4 mesh in his shed so he dremmeled the mesh to fit behind the grille. He then put on a small amount of black mastic to keep it in place. He made it look so easy.

I'm sure if you PM'd him, he could do it for you at a small price.
    Nathan

N/A Rools

Status
    A quick one.... Will this splitter fit a B6 model

Tx Guys

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    yes will fit the b6
    and to the above fog light grill question
    i used this mesh HIGH QUALITY RS4 PLASTIC RACE MESH, GRILLE, VENT on eBay (end time 07-Mar-11 23:23:56 GMT)

i dont know what rich used on yours wrath i gave him some of the above i had left over and yes its very easy to fit
    iv got a new set in the works removeing the center bar and plastic round the foglight hole

5th Gear

Status
    how much did you need of it?

ref the ones in work with removing the centre bar etc., if you were to do these to sell (to say me ) how much would you do it for?

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    the size of the mesh in the ebay listing is all you need does 4 grills then the price of the grills
    ill post pics when mine are done with the bar and plastic round the light is removed

5th Gear

Status
    nice one, cheers

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    i dont know what rich used on yours wrath i gave him some of the above i had left over and yes its very easy to fit
    iv got a new set in the works removeing the center bar and plastic round the foglight hole
    It must be that spare stuff then. Didn't need an awful lot, just to cover the non-mesh bits.
    Nathan