New TT alloys on a b7 a4?

Fast3000

Reaction score
Hi, I have the chance buy some original TT alloys from a 2008 model. They are et52 with a 245 /40/18 tyre. I think I would need spigot rings but do u know if they would be too wide?

Hi! Picked up some TTS wheels last night. they are 9J ET52 with a 245 / 40 /18 tyre.... look nice and beefy!

Anyway - just wondering if they would require spacers or any of you folks running wider tyres?

easyest way is do a trial fit n check for ne rubbing on inner n outer of arches sit in boot also n give it a good bounce to make sure they wont catch nething when suspension travels do same with front and turn steering full lock both left n right n jus drive it slowly under full lock aswell

also get some pics so we can c how they look

Hi thanks for the help so far....

I believe the standard S-line 5 arm alloys from a A4 are ET43? not quite sure....will have to check and maybe just do a trial myself. Wheels will go on over the weekend and will try to get some pics up...

Hi,

Still havent had a chance to get the wheels on. this will probably be over the weekend now! Anyway -as i spend most of my time sitting at a desk (Sad I know!) :( was doing some calculations using the tools --

Where it says EXTEND 4mm - Do you think I would need some spacers? Like 5mm ones?

Wheel Offset Calculator

WheelOffset.jpg
Current Wheel Specs Width inchesOffset mm New Wheel Specs Width inchesOffset mm

Inner Clearance: 22mm LESS

(the inside of the wheel to the strut housing)

Outer Position:EXTEND an extra 4mm (position of the outside edge of the wheel)

I had 9j wheels at ET35 and they poked out of arches a few mm but prob wont be any good on the front so find something in the middle, on the rear use a 10mm spacer to take you to ET 42 which should be fine and 5mm to give you ET48, you should be ok on that providing you get caliper clearence.

Hi,

Had a chance to see if the wheels fit.......firstly i thought there would be a gap on the hub bore - thinking that mine were 57.1 and new alloys were 66.6...............but no gap which was weird!

Anyway - alloys look smart..........will need to get spacers though there is sum rubbing on the damper on the rears and also on the suspension arm on the fronts!

Probably will get 10mm at the front and 10 or 15mm at the rears.........
pics during the week!

The 66.6 cb is Mercedes. Are the wheel's stamped up as Audi.

Hi All

My mate is getting rid of his 8x18 speedline alloys, the offset is et48, mine are 8x18 et43, haven't yet tried them on but will when I get the chance, in the mean time just looking or some advice. Do you think they will it?

Thanks

Mac

They will fit as long as they are 5x112. The offset of 48 will mean the wheel's will sit in more so spacer's will be needed if you want the wheel's closer to the arch.

Thanks CMD, so i need 5mm spacers all round to bring back to where it was, any recommendations where best to buy them.

Mac

Hi,

Yep wheels are definatly stamped Audi with all the markings.....

I think also the bore of the wheel is almost coned so that it would apply to a variable bore size.......bit of thinking done at the Audi design house!

Anyway - anyone bought off eBay?

Thanks CMD, so i need 5mm spacers all round to bring back to where it was, any recommendations where best to buy them.

Mac

Just to second that - im pretty sure the speedlines will fit at there is only around 5mm difference? Are the tyres sizes the same? i.e. 235/40/18? then IMO should be ok.

My new ones are 245/40/18 also 9j ---- also et53 so wider and go into the arch more.......

Yes the tyre sizes are the same 235/40/18, i will be trial fitting the wheels this evening, a mate has given me 2 5mm spacers to try.
Mac

I have also been looking into spacers recently and general concensus is that ET35 seems to be the golden offset for the wheels to nicely fill the arches. Some may suggest that this is ever so slightly aggressive for the front and you could go slightly further out on the rear.

My wheels are ET45 and I am planning to run 12mm on the rear and 8mm on the front giving me ET33 and ET37 respectively... I am yet to order though as the next question is who is the best for price and quality!

Hope this is of some help to you?

Spacing wheel's to ET35 is now common practice. With the 10mm as stated you will have et38 which will look nice. I have 15mm spacer's on wheels that are et45 and i have no problem's and the tyres are 235's.

Spacing wheel's to ET35 is now common practice. With the 10mm as stated you will have et38 which will look nice. I have 15mm spacer's on wheels that are et45 and i have no problem's and the tyres are 235's.

Thanks, so thats sealed it for me, 10mm all round, will get them, on order, thanks for the link

Nice it should look the nut's. Mac Stick up some pic's when you have fitted them.

Absolutely gutted, offered the wheels up to get an idea what they would look like, before buying the wheel spacers, glad I did, the hub is bigger grrr.
A mate said I could have the wheels machined out, but I don't wanna go down that road.

Why its not expensive and its perfectly safe, if you space them on say 6mm non hubcentric spacers wint they fit? think the hub might still poke out just enough but its worth a try.

Let us know how you got on Macdoon!

I ordered 15mm all round last night!! wish me luck!! This will take the ET52 (new alloys) to ET 37.....hopefully they will fit. When i trialed them they sat quite alot inwards and also rubbed on the suspension arm.....

They will be fine mate, I have 15mm coming tomorrow also for my rear, I have 6 mm front so ill be running f ET39 r ET30 8.5j all round.

Hi All -

Got the new wheels fitted. Really happy with the result. Look a lot more chunkier in the flesh! If anything I think I may have gone for 12mm in the front but then theres always the clearance issue!! The handling is flatter and Less prone to wheels spin!!

Before

Photo052.jpg

After (Apologies for the crap res!)

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0185-2.jpg

786 Yali - Yes longer bolts and also longer locking wheel nut bolt! ; )

Hi all, sorry to jump in on this thread, but my newly aquired A4 Quattro has got some non genuine wheels with an offset of 33, they dont look bad other than the car does seem to get dirtier but my question is will this much offset upset anything? I will be changing the wheels once I can find some to replace them but I hope I dont need to just yet....

Cheers, Phil

No mate you will be fine with them, you got pics?

Fast where are you from mate?

Hi Phil,

I probably can't answer your question.....but do the wheel stick out a lot? not sure how much this would cause you an issue?

Triple OG - Im from London.....

Hi guys, no the wheels dont stick out much, when the weather is a bit better I will post some pictures, thanks for the info though. I will be looking for some RS4 wheels at some point so as to replace these wheels, they are black with polished rims, not my style in afraid.

Phil

Last edited: