Ipod Link

PhilMill63

Reaction score
Hi all, I am looking to connect my Ipod or maybe my Iphone to the car, I have seen the Xcarlink and heard good reports, also they do a "bluetooth" module so I could use the Iphone. However, I am not sure if the info from the Ipod is shown on the DIS? Has anybody got one and can confirm?
Any other suggestons for the Ipod?

Thanks, Phil

I am still looking into this, I have now stating going towards the Dension 100, its a bit more basic and wont give me Bluetooth but from what I can see I get info on the DIS but not on Head Unit. Any input on this??

Phil

Hi there,

I have the Denison 100. I think it's a bit rubbish, considering that Audi changed me 100 for it. Yes you get the info in the DIS, but get this.

You change the albums by selecting the CD in the changer section. So for instance, you're driving along listening to Dark Side of the Moon and you think, I'll listen to Swing when you're winning, well you have to search through 1000s of albums until you find the one you want. Or you search by Artist, or you can play the entire Ipod. By the way they come up as tracks when your searching. Nothing comes up on the headunit and I have the RNSE

It can get a little confusing at first as you'll only see 99 tracks even though you have a million albums/artists. I know I have probably lost you now.

However what is cool is that as traffic reports come in or you turn off the ignition it switches off the Ipod.

I'm due to get an Iphone next week so will let you know if it works with those too

Hope this helps

Thanks, yes I think I get the picture! I am struggling to decide what to go for without spending loads of dosh. I have an Iphone4 so would be interested although my intention is to leave my Ipod in the car.
The swapping of album, artist or even playlist I guess becomes more of an issue on long trips, but I can see the hasle of swapping on the move would be a pain. Can you swap using the buttons on the wheel?

Cheers, Phil

Kinda yes. You can flick through your normal tracks as you listen to them. But when you then select the album/artist thing then you can use the MFSW controls too. As I say it's a bit strange and takes a while to get used too.

Sorry to bump this up again. Has anybody got the Xcarlink fitted, can you confirm if there is track info on the DIS? I know it wont be on the HU.

Thanks.