windows steaming???

omar7988

Reverse Gear
Reaction score
hi.. just wanted to know if anyone knows why the windows on my 2.0tdi audi a4 b7 57reg keep on steaming up.. sometimes it gets really bad and i cant see f all out the window..

what temp shall i have them set at and shall i leave the econ on???

or is my matrix on its way out??? so confuseddddddd

can somebody help me out please

I find that swapping between running the aircon and switching to economy makes my car steamy, leaving it with the aircon on will dry it out. The temp is less important than air flow.

If you press auto and 22c and it's still steamy you have a fault, could be damp carpet from shoes or a leaking door seal or as above system fault.

Cheers Chris

The best thing is to open all the windows slightly (maybe 1 cm) then run the air con on max temp and flow for as long as you can. Select it on foot heating, as moisture is most likely to be on your carpets and the heat will rise anyway. If it still happens after that, then obviously look at filters etc. Its a cheap and easy way to start fault finding before spending money on parts.

Stick an open box of digestives on the back seat over night.

I also have the same problem with our 56 plate Avant - really bad condensation. Where are these filters that may need to be replaced?

Other thoughts are - a possible leaking rear window washer, boot seals, door seals etc - basically I need to have a good look around it!