New Car not right..

PhilMill63

Reaction score
Hi guys, well after a week of ownership I decided that I just wasnt happy with the performance of the car so I took it to a local Indy guy and had a diagnostic done. I wasnt surprised to be told there was a "low boost" fault. I am quite happy in a way as at least I know when its sorted it should be a great car! BUT, there was also a "low fuel pressure" fault too. Is this a known fault?? I am slightly concerned having read on the US forum about a cam follower issue, I have a definate "ticking" noise when the car is hot but had thought it was just an injector tick, now I am not sure.

Has anybody got any input on this? the DV is a simple job but I am just not sure the guy I bought the car from will dig into this other problem.

Thanks, Phil

what car is it how many miles etc etc
the low pressure could be the sensor on the HPFP easy fix have you got the codes ?

Sorry, should have said... its an 06 2.0t Quattro, 51k with apparent full service history. I have to assume the guy I bought will do the right thing, but I dont trust car dealers! I worked for a couple.

thought so
the ticking is normal they sound like diesels
the low pressure can come cos of the DV and the DV is very common get a forge that will last even with a stage 3 remap
the low pressure can also be the side sensor on the HPFP iv just changed mine very common for them to go
are you getting bad fuel cuts ?
have you got the codes ?

Thanks for that, I feel a bit less stressed over it now. The car is going back to the garage I boiught it from for them to fix today, they want it all week to be sure they get it right so fingers crossed it should be right after.

So far it's been a nightmare, the dealer has been great, he had a local guy try to fix it, but they didnt know what they were doing, they changed the turbo wastegate! then he let me put it into my local indy, they replaced four parts including the DV, the dealer paid and all was good, for a week!!! Now its back in the indy, got towed in tihs week after a coil pack burnt out and fried all the wiring....... Not have a good time of Audi ownership so far.

what have they changed did you get the codes ?
the low preasure could be the G 410 on the hpfp
at worst could be the hpfp follower and cam
id the indy up on audis ?
the coilpack melting aint to bad it happens on the 2.0T the loom is prety easy to change

I just picked it up from the garage, 370 quid all in, that was two coil packs (1 spare) plus the labour for diagnosis, they eventually found the melted coil pack had managed to fry a couple of connectors even though the fuse had gone to protect the circuit. God I'm glad I didnt take to Audi.....
Just one thing, now I have a spare coil pack what tools do I need to change it? it doesnt appear to have any screws holding it in so is it just a push fit??

Cheers, Phil

£370 and not at audi dealers
god did it hurt 2 packs a conector and a scan
hope he lubed you up 1st

and yes its a push fit

Hmm, that was 3 hours labour, they say they couldnt find out why it was all dead even after changing the fuse! oh and there was a recovery in there too! still ****** expensive though.