Badger5EM Tuning
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: OMG - just picked up new 2.0T quattro - wow!

5th Gear

Status

OMG - just picked up new 2.0T quattro - wow!

I just traded my FWD Special Edition 2.0T (220BHP) for the one in my sig (I'll get some pics done when I can), and wow, what a difference.

The suspension set-up is fantastic, not sure what it is, but it's been lowered, and it actually seems smoother and less harsh than the stock set-up I had on mine. Stick it round a bend though and not much body roll at all, don't think I'd need to get an RS4 ARB for it which will save me some money...

Audi couldn't tell if it had been remapped, but it must be, the exhaust by itself wouldn't do what I've just experienced. It just keeps pulling and is so much more responsive than mine. The Miltek also gives a great noise

The guy I was dealing with reckons the technician took it out when it first got there, and wanted to know what had been done to it, as he reckoned it was a wolf in sheeps clothing, and drove better than the S4 he'd just taken out...

There was quite a few bits I hadn't noticed either, like a carbon fibre rear valence and B pillars, it's a really great example
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    This thread is epic fail without photos!

I'm so jealous, even for the 2.0 T you had. I absolutely love petrol turbos...! Wish i was old enough for insurance not to bend me over.
    Things to do: Lower on coilovers, spacers, front end respray and a full correctional detail!

5th Gear

Status
    lol, I'll try to get some up tomorrow...
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by razza1 View Post
    lol, I'll try to get some up tomorrow...

More than likely been remapped mate, alot of people sell cars nowadays and dont tell anyone, especially if its been traded in at a dealer.

The 2.0T is quick anyway and the difference from a FWD is a massive step, thats most probably what your feeling, a combination of Quattro, extra BHP and torque over your old car will be why it feels so different.

I also love petrol turbos but im happy with my 3.0 TDi Quattro right now as it still kicks most petrol engines arses! and costs alot less.

Oh and how do you know the previous onwner didnt already fit an RS4 RSB?

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmo View Post
    Oh and how do you know the previous onwner didnt already fit an RS4 RSB?
    Best mod ever. So cheap, yet so effective.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

5th Gear

Status
    The garage had been over it with a fine toothcomb, and hadn't mentioned it, I'm waiting to get the previous owners details to have a chat to see what he actually did to it.

can't believe how much difference the suspsension makes, went over the same bumps as usual this mornign on the way to work and hardly noticed them...

Can't wait to the journey home tonight via the scenic route

Warmonger

Status
    get those pics up pronto !
    -----------------------------------------------------
    2009 A4 Cab B7 2.0 TFSI S-Line Special 'Final' Edition
    Phantom Black - Black RS4 Wheels - Black Leather
    RNSE MMI, B/tooth phone, Bose, RS4 pedals, Bi-Xenon, LED number plate lights..

Wants - electric folding mirrors, ambient lighting, puddle lights, rain sensor, auto lights, auto dim rear-view..

5th Gear

Status
    can you upload photos to a post without hosting them on a website?

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    You will need photobucket
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

5th Gear

Status
    have photobucket, but ,my work pc seems to have an issue that means all the Java script doesn;t work and therefore I'm unable to actually upload to their, will do tonight when at home

1st Gear

Status
    Fantastic mate. ive always wondered if there were major differences! any further plans for it?

5th Gear

Status
    don't think I need to do anything esle to be honest, if it is already mapped I don't want to start going down the route of bigger turbos etc. etc. (not just yet anyway)

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    Best mod ever. So cheap, yet so effective.
    I really need to do this on my A4 B6 avant. So many people say how much better it is.

Can't wait to see pics of the new car mate!

6th Gear

Status
    have photobucket, but ,my work pc seems to have an issue that means all the Java script doesn;t work and therefore I'm unable to actually upload to their, will do tonight when at home
    Will be a proxy server stopping you mate.

5th Gear

Status
    nope, it's the laptop, has needed a rebuild for a while as my Java's been knackered due to an issue with some printer software loaded on, just haven't got round to sorting it out

5th Gear

Status

DOPE with added OCD

Status
    Sweet mate, great car. Now you will have to put up with the curse of black paint - clean dirty dirty dirty clean dirty......

I wshed mine this morning - ditched again! lol

Best wishes

Chris

5th Gear

Status
    cheers, used to it as the last one was black...the wheels will be easier to clean the RS4 ones I had on the last car though, so might clean it more often...

6th Gear

Status
    Looks sweet, like the interior aswell Wouldnt suprise me if its been mapped as its got a miltek on it lol.
    Bit pointless putting the exhaust on and now remap! You got any plans for it?
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

6th Gear

Status
    Lovely wheels on there.
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

5th Gear

Status
    no plans yet, there's definately something different about it, the engine bay looks slightly different to my old one, there seems to be the turbo heatshield missing off it for starters

I can hear the turbo spooling, similar to when I had the Supra, and there's some extra cabling in the engine bay...will get some photos done to see if anyone knows anything...

5th Gear

Status
    in two minds about adding a cupra splitter, it's obviously low already, so if I added it it may be too low at the front for curbs/parking etc.

It's also a very clean car so not sure....

DOPE with added OCD

Status
    Do it!

Youve got to be a bad driver to damage one - i love mine

5th Gear

Status
    even when lowered though? Had one on my old s-line and was fine, but think the clearance might not be great this time round...

6th Gear

Status
    no plans yet, there's definately something different about it, the engine bay looks slightly different to my old one, there seems to be the turbo heatshield missing off it for starters

I can hear the turbo spooling, similar to when I had the Supra, and there's some extra cabling in the engine bay...will get some photos done to see if anyone knows anything...

Jesus, mary and joseph i thought that was me in that pic...you look exactly like me!!.

I even have that ring.

4th Gear

Status
    nice to know the quattro is doing a nice job

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmo View Post
    Jesus, mary and joseph i thought that was me in that pic...you look exactly like me!!.

I even have that ring.
    I did think you were a handsome chap

5th Gear

Status
    so turns out the suspension is fine with just me in it - with the missus, the little one and a fully loaded boot, it's a bit bumpier than the s-line was..she's not particluarly happy about it, but it makes me much happier than what I had before. Every time I turn the engine on and hear the exhaust I know it's worth it!

Feels great to not get wheel spin in the wet

6th Gear

Status
    have you got pics of the engine bay ? I'm wondering what mods it has like you mentioned ?
    MY15 8V S3 Sportback with options

5th Gear

Status
    will try to get some up later, it might just be me, but it looks different to what I remember mine being like

5th Gear

Status
    forget that, I'm talking out my ar$e....found some old pics of my old engine bay and it looks the same...just clearly hadn't looked at it for a while...

2nd Gear

Status
    What gear knob is it, looks great - I'm guessing it's an RS4 one..
    05 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro
    Black with a BIG wish list!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiSport View Post
    What gear knob is it, looks great - I'm guessing it's an RS4 one..

no idea, it's got the small dimples/perferation type things, but is a really nice feel, much better than the alcantara one that needed cleaning every few months

2nd Gear

Status
    Any chance you could upload a pic or two to help identify it?
    05 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro
    Black with a BIG wish list!

5th Gear

Status
    will get one later for you

VAG Addict

Status
    Lovely car but cant help thinking it would benefit from some spcaers all round - just to bring the wheels up to the edges of the arches a bit more!
    2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

5th Gear

Status
    surely would cause issues with rubbing though?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Nice car! almost identical to mine...

VAG Addict

Status
    From what I understand you are fine up to the equivilant offset of ET35. I don't know what the S4 alloy offset is but if its the same as the standard S Line wheels then it will be ET43 allowing you to fit 8mm all round. I would keep the spacer size the same all round though as you have the quattro system and I beleive a wider rear track than the front will cause you problems...

Hope this helps? This is something I have been looking into recently for mine - although not with Quattro so I am planning to go for a slightly staggered set up rather than the same all round.
    2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

5th Gear

Status
    tempting, may have to look into it...

is this the same even if lowered?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast