AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    Grumpy Old Man

Status

RS4 anti-roll bar going in soon

I've just ordered my RS4 anti-roll bar from pjmspeedy on this forum. It's booked for fitting next Thursday.

I had one on my B6, and it made such a difference. Can't wait to get the 3.0TDi upgraded.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Can I ask how much it was?
    3.0 Tdi Q A4 Avant S-Line Dolphin Grey
    RNS-E retrofitted

5th Gear

Status
    Think he offers them for around 80-90 quid which is the same as the dealer. I got mine from him just for the sake of ease.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rowdyboy View Post
    Can I ask how much it was?
    If you send a PM to pjmspeedy, I'm sure he'll give you a quote.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

6th Gear

Status
    Yeah makes a hell of a difference as i fitted mine a few months ago!

Got my mate to fit it for 30, was a bit fiddly but fairly easy on the 3.0 TDI and only took about 40 minutes.

Just make sure you order the right bolts!.

Ordered mine from stoke Audi.

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmo View Post
    Yeah makes a hell of a difference as i fitted mine a few months ago!

Got my mate to fit it for 30, was a bit fiddly but fairly easy on the 3.0 TDI and only took about 40 minutes.

Just make sure you order the right bolts!.

Ordered mine from stoke Audi.
    Pjmspeedy is a diamond; he supplies the entire kit, with all the right fittings.

My local indie is installing it. It cost an hour's labour when they did the B6 in 2009, so allowing for the VAT rise, I'm expecting it to be around 70

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    Pjmspeedy is a diamond; he supplies the entire kit, with all the right fittings.

My local indie is installing it. It cost an hour's labour when they did the B6 in 2009, so allowing for the VAT rise, I'm expecting it to be around 70
    Yeah Paul is a good lad, gave me all the part numbers that i needed.

3rd Gear

Status
    Is this worth doing on a fwd guys ?

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrow View Post
    Is this worth doing on a fwd guys ?
    Definitely. It markedly reduces understeer, and makes the car altogether more responsive to steering inputs, without any adverse effect on ride comfort. It really is a no-brainer.

3rd Gear

Status
    Definitely. It markedly reduces understeer, and makes the car altogether more responsive to steering inputs, without any adverse effect on ride comfort. It really is a no-brainer.
    Thanks for the info I will add it to the shopping list !

Reverse Gear

Status
    Do you have to inform your insuranceaddition?

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nicol1980 View Post
    No as no one would even know whatsoever
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    It is a genuine original Audi part.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmspeedy View Post
    No as no one would even know whatsoever
    You mean except for the insurance assesors who im sure would spot a large roll bar under the chassis??????

3rd Gear

Status
    You mean except for the insurance assesors who im sure would spot a large roll bar under the chassis??????
    I really doubt they would notice its not that much bigger than the std fit roll bar !

5th Gear

Status
    The avenue would be if it was ever discovered (which it wouldn't as you can't tell unless you pull it out), your old bar was corroding so you fitted a new one.

It's like changing your brake pads to a manufacturer other than Audi, insurance company doesn't care unless you fitted paper ones.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    The bar is 4mm thicker than standard so I doubt very much they would even notice!!
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

1st Gear

Status
    No one, would ever notice.

Even I have the RS4 ARB and if i saw another car with one on, i wouldn't know it was an RS4 one unless i asked. You just cant tell by looking at it unless you do a side by side comparison etc...!
    Things to do: Lower on coilovers, spacers, front end respray and a full correctional detail!

6th Gear

Status
    Declaring your RS4 RSB would be silly to say the least.

The difference visually is negliable, its only when you drive it that you can notice the difference and thats only if you knew how the car felt before it was fitted.

4mm difference to thickness cant be seen when its fitted to the car and both the RS4 bars and S-line bars are black and genuine Audi parts anyway.

Just fit it and forget about, informing your insurance will just mean they can charge you another 50 for nothing and im sure with most insurers you will be trying explain what it actually is for around 20 minutes before they quote you.

I fitted drilled and grooved discs on my A4 last year and the insurance company did'nt care because i had'nt increased the size of the discs, silly when you consider increasing disc size would in actual fact make the car safer.

Any f*****g excuse to charge you for something and they will.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    It's fitted now. It cost me 99 at my local indie, so the total cost of the mod is 179. What a bargain!

Warmonger

Status
    how does this go down with car in warranty ?
    Id like one and imagine would be good no cab considering lack of roof/increase torsion etc..
    -----------------------------------------------------
    2009 A4 Cab B7 2.0 TFSI S-Line Special 'Final' Edition
    Phantom Black - Black RS4 Wheels - Black Leather
    RNSE MMI, B/tooth phone, Bose, RS4 pedals, Bi-Xenon, LED number plate lights..

Wants - electric folding mirrors, ambient lighting, puddle lights, rain sensor, auto lights, auto dim rear-view..

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by imported_Mastermofo View Post
    how does this go down with car in warranty ?
    Id like one and imagine would be good no cab considering lack of roof/increase torsion etc..
    I can tell you now that it is great on a Cab. Goes round roundabouts now lovely

Won't affect your warranty as all genuine parts and not many Audi tech's would even notice the difference by looking.

1st Gear

Status
    Wicked!!!!

Thanks Pjmspeedy for sending the parts - got mine fitted yesterday for 98.50 at my indie.

Goes round corner like a rocket and lessens the need for traction control.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 1st July 2012, 21:14