RS4 anti-roll bar going in soon

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I've just ordered my RS4 anti-roll bar from pjmspeedy on this forum. It's booked for fitting next Thursday.

I had one on my B6, and it made such a difference. Can't wait to get the 3.0TDi upgraded.

Think he offers them for around 80-90 quid which is the same as the dealer. I got mine from him just for the sake of ease.

Yeah makes a hell of a difference as i fitted mine a few months ago!

Got my mate to fit it for £30, was a bit fiddly but fairly easy on the 3.0 TDI and only took about 40 minutes.

Just make sure you order the right bolts!.

Ordered mine from stoke Audi.

Yeah makes a hell of a difference as i fitted mine a few months ago!

Got my mate to fit it for £30, was a bit fiddly but fairly easy on the 3.0 TDI and only took about 40 minutes.

Just make sure you order the right bolts!.

Ordered mine from stoke Audi.

Pjmspeedy is a diamond; he supplies the entire kit, with all the right fittings.

My local indie is installing it. It cost an hour's labour when they did the B6 in 2009, so allowing for the VAT rise, I'm expecting it to be around £70

Pjmspeedy is a diamond; he supplies the entire kit, with all the right fittings.

My local indie is installing it. It cost an hour's labour when they did the B6 in 2009, so allowing for the VAT rise, I'm expecting it to be around £70

Yeah Paul is a good lad, gave me all the part numbers that i needed.

Is this worth doing on a fwd guys ?
Definitely. It markedly reduces understeer, and makes the car altogether more responsive to steering inputs, without any adverse effect on ride comfort. It really is a no-brainer.

Definitely. It markedly reduces understeer, and makes the car altogether more responsive to steering inputs, without any adverse effect on ride comfort. It really is a no-brainer.

Thanks for the info I will add it to the shopping list !

Do you have to inform your insuranceaddition?

You mean except for the insurance assesors who im sure would spot a large roll bar under the chassis??????

I really doubt they would notice its not that much bigger than the std fit roll bar !

The avenue would be if it was ever discovered (which it wouldn't as you can't tell unless you pull it out), your old bar was corroding so you fitted a new one.

It's like changing your brake pads to a manufacturer other than Audi, insurance company doesn't care unless you fitted paper ones.

No one, would ever notice.

Even I have the RS4 ARB and if i saw another car with one on, i wouldn't know it was an RS4 one unless i asked. You just cant tell by looking at it unless you do a side by side comparison etc...!

Declaring your RS4 RSB would be silly to say the least.

The difference visually is negliable, its only when you drive it that you can notice the difference and thats only if you knew how the car felt before it was fitted.

4mm difference to thickness cant be seen when its fitted to the car and both the RS4 bars and S-line bars are black and genuine Audi parts anyway.

Just fit it and forget about, informing your insurance will just mean they can charge you another £50 for nothing and im sure with most insurers you will be trying explain what it actually is for around 20 minutes before they quote you.

I fitted drilled and grooved discs on my A4 last year and the insurance company did'nt care because i had'nt increased the size of the discs, silly when you consider increasing disc size would in actual fact make the car safer.

Any f*****g excuse to charge you for something and they will.

It's fitted now. It cost me £99 at my local indie, so the total cost of the mod is £179. What a bargain!

how does this go down with car in warranty ?
Id like one and imagine would be good no cab considering lack of roof/increase torsion etc..

how does this go down with car in warranty ?
Id like one and imagine would be good no cab considering lack of roof/increase torsion etc..

I can tell you now that it is great on a Cab. Goes round roundabouts now lovely

Won't affect your warranty as all genuine parts and not many Audi tech's would even notice the difference by looking.

Wicked!!!!

Thanks Pjmspeedy for sending the parts - got mine fitted yesterday for £98.50 at my indie.

Goes round corner like a rocket and lessens the need for traction control.