A LONG time since I last came on here. Nearly 2 years ago when I was considering an A3 – Needless to say I test drove a 2.0t S-Line and it ticked a few boxes but I also test drove a lot of other cars. I ended up getting an RX8 and for the past 2 years it’s been the most pleasurable driving experience of my life! Shes my baby and I absolutely adore the car and everything about it -anyone that’s driven one or owned one will agree theirs no sound/feel quite like a rotary if you know how to drive it! Im going to be gutted to let her go
Anyway enough babbling, the government has finally won! The price of fuel just going up and up is making me seriously consider a change. It’s a car that gets less than 300 miles to a tank and costs nearly 70 to fill up – needless to say for the past 2 years I haven’t cared at all, I call it smiles-per-gallon lol. Now though it’s obvious I need a more “sensible” car and im contemplating an A4 TDI, I just have a few questions regarding them:
1. How many tuners are dedicated to Audis/A4s and how easily is tuning done with this engine?
2. Is it possible to make a diesel sound sporty and put an exhaust on? (I have a real bad perception of diesels that they sound like tractors – im not alone in this thought I know) I have a GReddy on my RX8 and it sounds absolutely fantastic, I shall miss this more than anything.
3. How many miles would I get from a full tank of diesel? (Varying driving styles please)
4. Are their any common problems with these cars?
5. Should I stay away from one with over 100k on? Is it dead money?