Engine Lights (EPC)?

AudiSport

Reaction score
My 2005 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro has developed a problem of some sort and now I have the EPC and Engine icon lights on. During the cold spell a few weeks ago my engine management light (engine icon) popped on for about 15-minutes on a journey, however it reset itself and I just put it down to the cold weather. However the other day the EPC light came on the dash followed by the engine management light a few minutes later. My local mechanic mate has just plugged his reader in and the following details have come up;

Internal control module. Check some error.
01537 / P0601

The car drives fine, although it does stutter a little when cold if you apply too much right foot. Although I'm not sure if this is normal as I've only owned the car a few months! The car does have an AMD map which was put on the car when it was 1-year old by the Audi main Dealer.

Last edited:
seen this before with other vag models. apparently it needs a software update. i guess it been left because it will overwrite the remap.

Thanks for the advice, everyone I have spoken too seems to think the same. Either that or the ECU is nakered... Fingers crossed just the ECU needs a re-flash. There goes my remap! ; (

Hi guys, i have the same code, bought another donor ecu just in case as it was only £130, does anyone know anyone who will reflash the ecu for me? thanks everyone
Spencer

Audi as would involve immo, dont use external as there could be security implications.

Why didnt you at least get it diagnosed properly as sticking another ecu in may result in the same issues.

I Had it diagnosed at Independant vw/audi in stourton leeds, they gave me a bill for £800 big ones for a new ecu and coding, thats why i bought a donor ecu, my part number has been hard to find so when i saw it for sale i bought it just in case.

There was no mention that they could reflash the ecu so thats why i bought it.

Thanks

re-coding the immobizer is done via an on-line link to audi germany, the operater has to be registered and he doesnt actually get to see anything specific to the coding details.
so whether its done by a supported independant or a dealer will make no difference from a security point of view.

we are a supported independant and can do this. ring on monday and speak to david 0114 2722020.

so whether its done by a supported independant or a dealer will make no difference from a security point of view.

My post was in relation to key copiers or the like, not vas, odis, gekko etc registered indy's, but even so you're at risk, as they also may have said technology to copy keys, so the best possible secure method is still to have it coded by a dealer & with all the cars being stolen these days, with some just disappearing with ease & no keys missing, does beg the question, how did they take them.

BTW I'm not brandishing any specific company unscrupulous, but just beware who you use & how they complete the work for you, when it comes to car security.

I've always used vag.

My Audi A4 2.0T Quattro permanently has the EPC and Emission Control System lights on although the car drives fine. Is there somewhere in or near Belfast where I can bring my car to check the error codes with vagcom?