Cracked or porous cylinder heads

neal.aldum

Reaction score
Hi All
I am led to believe this is a well known problem.
Does anyone know if there is a common cylinder which this occurs on. I removed the inlet manifold and number 1 cylinder inlet port was full of water. Looks like i need a new head ,,,anyone got a good one for sale or recommend a company who refurbishes them.

Neal

help if we knew what engine thanks ive a 1.8t head if its that you need

sorry mate its a 2.0l diesel tdi 140bhp engine code BLB

Thanks

It was usually just golf and A3 cylinder head which were porous. Never heard of an A4 one.

Yeah, i haven't heard of this being a common problem on A4's! A3's yes but not A4...

Quite suprised in fact.

Any information on your car as i have a BLB too.

Do you rag it often? From cold do you drive like you stole it? How many miles is it on? FSH?

this is a problem on 140bhp engine code BLB my uncle has has an a6 and it has had two leaking heads and the oil pump is also an problem on the BLB engine

This fault has been reported several times on other forums and I believe has only been found common on the early BLB engines that found themselves in the A6 models.I believe I have read that Audi have paid for the replacemnt heads in full on those cars that have been affected and kept within the Audi franchise for all their maintenance etc.
I could be wrong here but I a reasonably sure this is what I have read elsewhere...................