What tyres? Uniroyal rainsports any good?

DJM1982

Reaction score
As above, mate of mine has these on his mgzs180 and can't speak highly enough about them. They look good value aswell at £118 per tyre. I need two new tyres for the front of my a4 sline.

Are these any good or do you guys have any other recommendations. ??

Vredestein ultrac sessanta, there's is already a thread about them recently. Mine were £105 ish, fitted. They feel better than my previous 2 sets of Michelin PS2's at £203 each.

yeah i see that thread, looked at the price of the 234/40 r18's i need for my a4 and they were coming in at over £150 each. Did you order yours online?

just had alook at the review of those tyres online, they sound pretty impressive. Look alittle odd on the thread pattern when side by side.
because they are not directional, will both tyres be the same and just fitted with the 'inside' mark on the inside. Won't that mean that the tread pattern will effectively be pointing in opposite directions on the two side.

http://www.tyremen.co.uk/img/sessanta2.jpg

can anyone post pics from the front or back of their cars to show the thread pattern on both. I'm alittle confused.

hi mate, had rainsport 2's on my a4 cab for a year, great tyre, 10,000 miles and used about 1mm of tread. yes directional, you couldn't change left side to right, the tread as to point into the road to displace the the water on the road. changed to 18s, so now my old 17s sit in the garage until i get round to cleaning and selling them.

oh! and i looked on line for ages and found best price £106 on 17s then i rang my local tyre garage told them the price and they matched it. fitted. i had 4 tyres, ouch!!

I got mine from a local tyre garage, I never saw any at anywhere near £150 unless they've gone up drastically in the past month. I had all 4, maybe that makes them cheaper????
Which ones were you asking about being directional? The vredesteins definitely are.

Rainsport 2's came second in evo's tyre test I believe. I'm certainly considering a pair.. let us know if you find them cheap online!

Supplied loads of them Uniroyal rainsports. They are so popular that there have been many times that we havnt been able to get hold of them for customers. Highly recommended tyres.

Cheers for the responce fella's.
The cheapest place i found them was on Camskills, so i'll be buying a set at the end of Feb before i do a long journey to the lake district. Will post a report of my thoughts once i have them fitted.