JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

radio wont turn off with ignation?

hi all

i have a b7 2006 audi a4 tdi, and the radio only turns off manually, not with the ignation, it also doesnt display the radio station in the instrement panal, its just blank where it displays the information, checked all fuses etc all ok, just no ignation live to it but the audis have canbus wiring to tell radio its on off etc any one have any idea what this can be, its a concert single din with bose

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    any one

I'm in Cruise control

Status
    Has it always done this .

Seems the head unit is wired to a constant live and not an ignition live.

F
    ULL VCDS HEX-USB-CAN Interface available in the staffordshire area pm me.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RMH1A4cab View Post
    Has it always done this .

Seems the head unit is wired to a constant live and not an ignition live.
    since me owning it it has done this, but all wiring is original to rear of radio, there is a live but no ignation live to it

Neutral

Status
    Hi,my rnse also does the same,where it losses the ability to shut down properly and also stops the display on the dash,the problem started when i fitted a dension 300 ipod kit.The only way I can get this sorted is to unplug the rnse and disconnect the dension and reconnect all back up.My problem is with the dension and is going back.I think the canbus gets confused or corupted.As your car have anything after market connected that may interfere with the canbus?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tonycb6 View Post
    Hi,my rnse also does the same,where it losses the ability to shut down properly and also stops the display on the dash,the problem started when i fitted a dension 300 ipod kit.The only way I can get this sorted is to unplug the rnse and disconnect the dension and reconnect all back up.My problem is with the dension and is going back.I think the canbus gets confused or corupted.As your car have anything after market connected that may interfere with the canbus?
    hi there, i havent had anything fitted to mine, its all standard, i have tryed unpluging it and disconected the battery, still no joy with the radio

4th Gear

Status
    It sounds like its been fitted from another car.
    I remember people used to get this problem when fitting a HU from a newer car. But I think that was because it was pre/post CAN problem.

As said above it looks like its wired to perm live, you can swap the perm and the ignition wire and see if that sorts that problem. Not sure about the DIS though.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Post your issue on the Ice section as andymac patrols there & he knows this stuff well enough.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    thanks will do thaat