Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    VAG Addict

Status

B7 A4 Avant 19" wheel offset advice

Hi there! I am currently watching a set of 19" rims which i would like to put on my Avant. Trouble is i am new to the A4 and whilst i normally like to research and form my own opinions i am worried that i am running out of time as the auction ends very soon.

The rims I am looking at are 19" ET35 and I am waiting for info regarding width and tyre sizes. If anyone has experience of what works best or knows of any links to threads that may already answer my dumb questions please post in here!?!

Thanks in advance for your time and help!
    2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Replied to your pm. 35 is fine with 235/35 tyres. You won't get any rubbing and they will fill the arches nicely.
    2.0 TDI S line.

Cruise, Leather, DIS, RNS-E, autodim, MFSW, ambient lights, Bi xenons.

Gone to its new home

VAG Addict

Status
    Cheers fella much appreciated! Just need to win the wheels now :D
    2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

2nd Gear

Status
    I prefer an offset of ET45 as I think ET35 sit out a little to much on the front, but hey thats just my opinion.

5th Gear

Status
    You wont be a fan of my 9" j ET35 then?
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

VAG Addict

Status
    Any pics of your set up dude?

VAG Addict

Status
    Wheels were picked up and brought back this morning. Turns out they're 19x8.5 ET45 with 235 35 19 rubber. The wheels themselves are BBS LM reps.

Anyone have experience of these sizes and know of any potential issues?

I have a few days to wait before i get them on as i also need to get spigot rings so any help in the mean time is really appreciated!
    Last edited by dubdemand; 27th December 2010 at 14:47.

2nd Gear

Status
    When fitting the front wheels check the rear shoulder of the tyre against the suspension arm for clearance. I am running 245's on a set of 8.5J ET45's and had to fit a 4mm shim at the front. Yours should be fine but check it just to make sure. Rears will have no issues.

VAG Addict

Status
    Nice one matey, sounds like I'll be fine then! Do you have a pics of yours anywhere so I gan get an idea of how it will sit?

2nd Gear

Status
    I posted some pics in here: Lookin for some new rims at the moment though as I fancy a change.

Replacing OEM B7 S4 Alloys

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dubdemand View Post
    Any pics of your set up dude?
    Yes mate pics are in B7 section called Staggered BBS LM reps.

Cars sat lower now too so looks much better.
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

Neutral

Status
    i have purchased the same wheels and they wouldnt fit over my front brake callipers. they were 235/35/19 et45, and they were the bbs lm reps:
    19" MESH ALLOY WHEELS AUDI A4 A3 A6 A8 NEW TT ROADSTER on eBay (end time 03-Jan-11 16:57:15 GMT)
    They looked so amazing when they got here i almost made a mess!
    Have you had any problems with them? and can you post where you bought yours from please, obviously now im guna have to send the ones i bought back!
    Last edited by maka11; 1st January 2011 at 22:26.

VAG Addict

Status
    Hmmm that's annoying! I have been unable to fit mine yet as i was sold them minus spigot rings and they still have not arrived in the post

How much would you guess they didn't clear the callipers by and do you have the same brakes that I have on mine? If they don't go straight on then I'll be turning to hub centric spacers to bring them out a bit.

Does anyone have any spacer advice they can offer me?
    I have looked on eBay and there doesn't seem to be a lot of choice... What makes are good?
    What width spacers are recommended front and rear?
    Has anyone else had issues fitting 19x8.5 ET45 LM reps?
    Will I ever get them on my bloody car?

VAG Addict

Status
    Finally got them mounted now and with no clearance issues! Really pleased with it but does want more low - just waiting on some B5 spring plates!

More pics here!