Frozen wiper blades missing half the screen

s-line stu

Reaction score
Having sorted out some decent screenwash that doesn't freeze with the recent cold snap I find that my wipers only clear part of the screen and leave a band across the middle right in my line of vision untouched.

They were ok when I left for work this morning but by the time I got to work they were missing half of the screen again - I guess it's down to windchill when driving on the motorway and with the spray from trucks etc it's hopeless.

Just wondered if anyone else had been experiencing the same and if there is anything that can be done to reduce the chances of this happening as it's quite dangerous when you can't see properly.

Yes common problem

Let your car warm up with heater on the screen this will help melt what ice has formed on the blades.

Spray you screen and blades with de icer.

In both cases leave the blades in the off position until all the ice has melted .

Thanks for replies, I do wait until it warmed up and defrosted and quite often it's fine initially but normally gets worse as the journey progresses.

Guess we'll just have to wait for it to get warmer!

With temperatures hitting -12 at some points i dont think there is much your going to be able to do about it!