Changing steering wheel?

AudiSport

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Looking to change my SE steering wheel and like the look of wheels like the below. Will it fit, and are all the new A3, A4, A6 and Q7 steering wheels interchangeable with the same fit?

Can I just buy the below, and then find a 3-spoke Airbag - or is it not as simple as that?

Link:
NEW AUDI A3 A4 A6 S LINE MULTIFUNCTION STEERING WHEEL on eBay (end time 25-Dec-10 19:45:58 GMT)

yes these will fit straight on, just make sure the loom that comes with steering wheel fits the air bag ring, you may need to code it in to the car again tho i had to re code it to mine when i fitted mine, hope this helps

How can I tell if it has the right loom?
And what is involved in re-coding?

It's difficult to answer your questions without a bit of info. Do you currently have a MFSW and is it a 4-spoke or 3-spoke?

Hi, sorry and thanks so much for the info!
My current car is a 2005 B7 A4 SE fitted with a four spoke multi function steering wheel that I'm looking to replace with an s-line, three spoke mfsw. Hope that's enough info?

its a stright swap no codeing

yeahs its a straight swop, if the wheel you got dont come with the loom, take it out of your other one one

Is the B8 steering wheel 'more chunky' than the B7 steering wheel?

I may have a complete wheel for sale with airbag soon, pm if interested, its in vgc.