Just bled the brake fluid and replaced...Brake warning lights!!

Fahim

Reaction score
Hi there!

As stated above, I have just replaced all the brake fluid in my car with new fluid and once i started the car the RED brake warning lights come on and don't turn off. I've tried getting the cars ABS to kick in to perhaps fix it, and whilst it does kick in, the brake warning light doesen't turn off! this includes the handbrake warning light.

Anything i've done wrong or need to do? I've disconnected the battery for now, hoping this might fix it but not sure.

I bled all the old fluid from the calipers using a extractor machine thingy (thanks to my college garage)
and at the same time it was pressurising the brake fluid container with new fluid.

Any comments welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Fahim. :huh:

I think so?

The machine pressurised the master cylinder with a constant amount of new brake fluid, and so displaced the old fluid through the brake lines and into the calipers. Then i just opened the nipple and allowed all the brake fluid to be emptied out into a bottle untill a constant stream of new brake fluid was going through with no air bubbles.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Ok I did mine a few weeks a go and had weak brakes they worked but there was no pressure in the brake when i pushed it had no warning lights. so I have heard that they may be weight sensers on the wheels so I bleed my brakes the second time while the car was not jacked up did the master cylinder all good.

As far as i'm aware, there isn't any weight sensors within the wheel.

I've found out, thanks to the lovely guys at AMD TECKNIK in West Thurrock that one of my sensors was damaged by the caliper when my disks were fitted and it finally broke i think and thats why it came on.

I need a new wire or solder the original wire.

:) thanks for your input non the less,

Fahim.

Glad you have sorted it, it's sometimes worse not knowing what the problem is.