Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2nd Gear

Status

Lowered front end pic

As the title says. I fitted the B5 front suspension cups to bring the front end down and get it more level with the back.

Let me know what we think!

2.0 TDI S line.

Cruise, Leather, DIS, RNS-E, autodim, MFSW, ambient lights, Bi xenons.

Gone to its new home

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    looks good mate, they B8 s-lines? 19?
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

2nd Gear

Status
    Cheers mate,

They are 19", just reps. Got some spacers for them to go on tomorrow so should look a bit better then.
    2.0 TDI S line.

Gone to its new home

5th Gear

Status
    What spacers? what offsets you running? i should be getting my wheels tomorrow hopefully, et35 but might put spacers on aswell?
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

2nd Gear

Status
    10mm for the rears and 6mm for the fronts. The wheels are et45 so I reckon your et35's will look spot on without spacers anyway.
    2.0 TDI S line.

Gone to its new home

Neutral

Status
    Any pics of the new and old parts side by side?

Part numbers?

I've read about this mod, and done a ton of searching, but couldnt find any real info on it.

5th Gear

Status
    Check Audizine, they all do it, its just the rubber perches that the spring sits on i believe but the B5 ones are shorter than B7 so you get abit of drop.

Your dealer will know which parts you need.

2nd Gear

Status
    The part number is 8D0 412 103 B

They are not the rubber perches. Its the actual metal cup that the spring sits on, your old one slides off the shocker then this new one slides back on in its place. I got mine from Audi and they cost 17.63 each so 35.26 + VAT.
    2.0 TDI S line.

Gone to its new home

5th Gear

Status
    I thought there were?

Will these be ok for aftermarket springs and shocks then? i presume not but the yanks use them with coilovers?

Maybe iv confused myself?

2nd Gear

Status
    Its defo the metal cups (unless I ordered the wrong part but it worked anyway!!).

They should work with lowering springs as they are the same height as standard springs out of the box, its just when they are comressed that the car goes further down.....I think!
    2.0 TDI S line.

Gone to its new home

Cornish and Proud!

Status
    That looks good, I fitted my B5 spring seats about 4 months ago, made the car look WAY better in my oppinion!

Adam
    Adam 'Bigman' Phillips
    -----------------
    Audi A4 B7 2.0TFSI S-Line Avant, Red!
    Debadged rear, Full DIS, Cruise, B5 A4 front lower spring seats (15mm lower than B7), XCarlink, RS4 RARB, Factory Fitted BOSE, 2 tone leather interior.

Future Mods: R-Tech Re-map, H&R Springs, 15mm rear and 12mm front wheel spacers.

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks for the heads up on this mod mate. I don't know if its my imagination but I'm sure the car rides nicer with them on too!
    2.0 TDI S line.

Gone to its new home

5th Gear

Status
    So can i use these with AP springs and shocks? they dont do any for the back do they?

2nd Gear

Status
    You can only do the fronts. It depends on if the shocks are the same dimension as the original Audi ones and the cup slides over it and sits into position on a ridge on the shock. If your AP's are wider it wont go over.

If you still have your original shocks it might be worth comparing the two.
    2.0 TDI S line.

Gone to its new home

VAG Addict

Status
    Very tempted to do this myself... Any chance of a brief run down on how to do it?

Love the car btw - some more pics would be great!!!
    2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dubdemand View Post
    Very tempted to do this myself... Any chance of a brief run down on how to do it?

Love the car btw - some more pics would be great!!!

Sure, here's a run down...(very brief)

Buy the parts from Audi then run off to your garage like a kid at christmas all excited about making your car look that bit better.

You have to remove the front shock absorber. Straight forward enough so jack the car up, undo the 3 nuts at the top of the strut that are accesable from under the bonnet, undo the nut and bolt that hold the bottom of the shock absorber onto the lower arm and remove the nut and bolt that hold the upper ball joints onto place. You need to get the ball joints out but that just takes a few carefully positioned taps with the hammer. Once they are out remove the shocker from the car.

Next you need to take the top mount off the shocker. Use a drop down ring spanner and an allen key. make sure you have fitted a pair of spring compressors for this though. Once thats off, dismantle the rest (it all just pulls off) and then tap the old spring cup off. Place the new spring cup into position and put it all back together. No need for the spring compressors for re fitting.

If your handy with a spanner then you can have it all done in a couple of hours.
    2.0 TDI S line.

Gone to its new home

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Wicked, dont suppose you want to sell me the B6 mounts?

that will free up a set of B5s if anyone wants them :-)

As i have B6 uprights and the front is too low, how much difference is it in height?
    Last edited by Broken Byzan; 20th December 2010 at 19:17.

2nd Gear

Status
    Nah, pay the postage and you can have them mate.
    2.0 TDI S line.

Gone to its new home

VAG Addict

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    Wicked, dont suppose you want to sell me the B6 mounts?

that will free up a set of B5s if anyone wants them :-)

As i have B6 uprights and the front is too low, how much difference is it in height?
    After your B5's if you want to come to some arrangement?
    2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    I have them off if you need them.

Karl, have you a picture of the rubber insulators, just for comparison between B5 and B6/7

The difference from a quick measure is about 15mm, will do the arch to floor measurement tomorrow when i fit the shocks back on.

So far it's just mounting hole to bottom of mount for comparison, i am aiming to lift mine where as you guys are lowering, but the figures will still stand.

Currently floor to arch 63.5 cm.
    Mounting hole to bottom of plate ( as best i cam measure) B5 33.4 cm and B6/7 34.8 cm

VAG Addict

Status
    Dropped you a PM matey

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

any spare b7 insulators kicking around? or pics and measurements by any chance? as the b5 insulators move around a lot

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Unikarl How is the ride now you have fitted these spring perch's. I'm thinking of doing this mod but using a 30mm lowering spring along with the standard oem s-line shock as i have eibach at the moment.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

2nd Gear

Status
    The ride is spot on. Its just as it was before. No knocking or banging and just as solid as it was before.

Its a great little mod.
    2.0 TDI S line.

Gone to its new home

Neutral

Status
    unikarl,

Where did you source the B5 front suspension cups? They're like rocking horse sh*t!! Considering the mod myself with some 35mm drop H&R springs but can't find the cups.
    A4 (07) 2.0T FSI S Line - Dolphin Grey

Mods: Remap, DIS, Washer Bottle sensor, AUX Input, Ambient Light, Puddle/Warning Lights, Aftermarket SATNAV/DVD, VAG-COM Tweaks.

Future Mods:
    B5 Caps, H&R Springs, 19's

2nd Gear

Status
    I ordered them from Audi. They arrived next day and were just over 20 for the pair. Bargain!
    2.0 TDI S line.

Gone to its new home

Neutral

Status
    I don't suppose you have a part number? My local dealer seems to have trouble with anything that doesn't coincide with your registration number! It was hard enough getting my DIS mod after been repeatedly told my model doesn't have it fitted!!
    Last edited by yorkster001; 14th February 2011 at 16:33.

Mods: Remap, DIS, Washer Bottle sensor, AUX Input, Ambient Light, Puddle/Warning Lights, Aftermarket SATNAV/DVD, VAG-COM Tweaks.

Future Mods:

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

I have a spare set if needed....

CMD

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkster001 View Post
    I don't suppose you have a part number? My local dealer seems to have trouble with anything that doesn't coincide with your registration number! It was hard enough getting my DIS mod after been repeatedly told my model doesn't have it fitted!!
    All Dealer's are the same mate.. My local audi dealer i'm sure has i the word's "it won't fit" Tattooed on his body somewere.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    I have a spare set if needed....
    PM Sent

Future Mods:

jey
    1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple.O.G View Post
    What spacers? what offsets you running? i should be getting my wheels tomorrow hopefully, et35 but might put spacers on aswell?
    wont need spacers with that offset as it more or less the max to go to to avoid rubbing..
    Audi A5 Sport With Full Sline Kit, Milltek Full System, ITG Filter, 20" Wheels, Sat Nav, DAB, TV, All Voice Controlled, Folding Mirrors, Auto Dim Mirrors, Ipod Connection, Bluetooth, Car Phone, Electric Leather Memory Seats. B&O Sound System.

The're Graphite not black!!

Status
    Took a lot of searching to find this thread, defo going to be doing this mod

Official Fan Club member No 001!!

The're Graphite not black!!

Status

Official Fan Club member No 001!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    i would also like to know if the above link is correct for B6 fitment, seams like a good compromise between an expensive lowering kit and a decent enough drop for under £20!

mark.
    Audi A4 B6 2.5TDI Quattro Sport Avant. full Leather, silver decorative trims, non standard ICE ;o)

Reverse Gear

Status
    did mine today, the parts cost me £15 inc post off ebay, was a pain to do but the 2nd side went much easier once I got the hang of it! the hardest bit for me was connecting the anti roll bar back up, getting the bolt in straight was a nightmare and i ended up taking the bar off to clean the threads up but got there in the end, just have to jack the hub up and twist the link quite hard to get bolt to line up.

enjoying a beer now and the 15mm drop is spot on for £15!!
    Audi A4 B6 2.5TDI Quattro Sport Avant. full Leather, silver decorative trims, non standard ICE ;o)

CMD

Status
    It's a great mod for the price..
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Shutt View Post
    did mine today, the parts cost me £15 inc post off ebay, was a pain to do but the 2nd side went much easier once I got the hang of it! the hardest bit for me was connecting the anti roll bar back up, getting the bolt in straight was a nightmare and i ended up taking the bar off to clean the threads up but got there in the end, just have to jack the hub up and twist the link quite hard to get bolt to line up.

enjoying a beer now and the 15mm drop is spot on for £15!!
    Awesome for 15 quid!

Do you have the ebay link you got them from?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Genuine VW Passat AUDI A4 Lower Spring Discs NEW on eBay (end time 27-Apr-11 20:31:57 BST)

not sure if he has any left, it was a best offer of £11 plus £3.99 post so if there is any left off that!

Mark.

Reverse Gear

Status
    have noticed if I go over a speed ramp at any speed the front just rubs a little, not too worried but did notice right at the top of the inner arches a big screw/fitting protruding about 5mm so will make these flush fitting as possible.

anyone else notice this?

Mark.

2nd Gear

Status
    I dont get any rubbing at all and mine is now coupled with Eibach 50 mil springs too...Weird!
    2.0 TDI S line.

Gone to its new home

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast