Should i tell main dealer about remap?

DJM1982

Reaction score
Car is going in to have the heater matrix replaced (as it now appears the culprate for my heater problems). They want to run a diagnostic check before they start any work to check for faults.

Should i tell them the car has been remapped, as i don't want them to wipe the map and have to get it done again.

My understanding is that the ECU software modifications carried out should be non detectable but it is possible the dealers could overwrite it. May be worth speaking to whoever provided the map and see what they say, also some are happy to provide another map FOC in these circumstances. I am sure other forum members can speak more definetely on this.

why would they wipe the map to change a heater matrix?

A diagnostic check will not go anywhere NEAR over-writing your map. Its only when going in for software upgrades etc, then you may need to notify them.

............yes but if there are software upgrades for your car I'm sure they'll automatically apply them thus overwriting the remap
JohnyT

Yes I've had the exact same problem with my audi a4 b7 cabrio.. Only half the heaters work ! Unfortunately the car has just run out of warrenty :/ anyone else familiar with this problem? Has there been a recall on this issue?

theres a splitter valve that packs up causing this problem on new a6s of one side being hot and one side being cold. unsure wether a4s have the same valve tho

update:
it went into audi yesterday and had the diagnostics done, and the fault was indeed the heater matrix. They have replaced this and the heating is working fine. It was on the pricey side, but i did take it to a main dealer and the service was very good. Got a brand new Audi A3 to drive around in whilst the work was being done (very impressed with it, cracking little car) and my a4 was fully valleted for when i picked it up even though the weather was pants. Picked it up this afternoon and was well chuffed.