2 to use my phone hands free

would it be a hard job? what would i need ? :readit:

Depends how much you want to spend.

Cheap
I-Trip for music
Basic Parrot or Nokia from Ebay for handsfree

Expensive
Parrot MKi9200 music and handsfree
Dension Gateway 500 (think it's the 500 that does everything)
Audi OEM Bluetooth and Ipod cable

Gateway 500 is not for your car, only 100 & 300 and possibly the new gateway 5.

Does your car have a MFSW with MODE button etc. If so I would seriously consider a Dension gateway 5.

It has Ipod/USB/AUX and bluetooth interfaces all in the same unit with integration into the steering wheel and drivers DIS, but it requires a MFSW to use it.

Just FYI - I ordered a Dension Gateway 5 3 weeks ago for my A4 Avant and I've been told by the dealer that there is a software problem which is currently being resolved. Apparently they are writing new software which should be available some time next week - I will keep you posted!

I have the same car as you, this is what i have .

Audi oem bluetooth (nothing better IMO)

Xcar link interface ( non ipod) but this is the one you would need.

Audi iPod Interface :: AUDI :: XCarLink

You could get them both for less than £300 anf either fit yourself or pay someone to do it should take a couple of hours at the most .

Does the Xcarlink display song titles like the dension kits do? I like the idea of fitting a dension kit and just using a usb stick and having all the song and album text, or I might just retro RNS-E.

I have audi bluetooth and it works very well with my iphones (4 and 3gs)

Does the Xcarlink display song titles like the dension kits do? I like the idea of fitting a dension kit and just using a usb stick and having all the song and album text, or I might just retro RNS-E.

I have audi bluetooth and it works very well with my iphones (4 and 3gs)

The ipod xcarlink as far as i know it does show song title artist info, i have the Mp3 one not the ipod as i don't do anything apple .

Like you say OEM bluetooth works the best, especially with the roof down .

second that, friends can't believe I have the roof down travelling at speed and the bluetooth is still perfect.