two remaps

goon

Reaction score
has anyone had their 2.oT remapped twice? I am currently unhappy with the APR map the car is running and have seen offers at AMD,can it be done twice or do I have to have a standard program in the car for it to be modified?

Why are you so unhappy mate only heard good things about apr ?
I would contact apr to make sure but I am sure you can remap a remap (lol) will just over right the apr map I would think?

Ill second that, There is no "APR map" your engine just gets mapped by APR unless like subarus you need a license in which case i think the new licence will just go over the APR one.

When we mapped mine my mate copied the stock map off - it was modified and sent back to the ECU overwriting the original image - I would think you could do this as many times as you wish?

Sometimes APR and REVO "lockout" the ECU so it cant be overwritten, some mappers can get around this some can't. The best thing to do is take it back to the place you got your car mapped from and ask them to flash the ECU back with the original file (map).

Sometimes APR and REVO "lockout" the ECU so it cant be overwritten, some mappers can get around this some can't. The best thing to do is take it back to the place you got your car mapped from and ask them to flash the ECU back with the original file (map).
Intresting didn't realise that!

In your sig it says your dtm is putting out 290bhp what mods you done to achive that?

Intresting didn't realise that!

In your sig it says your dtm is putting out 290bhp what mods you done to achive that?
ITG Panel Filter
Milltek exhaust
Test pipe (decat)
HPFP (high pressure fuel pump)
it's in here in this thread
It should be pushing more torque now as I has the map revised since..just need to dyno it again.

Why are you so unhappy mate only heard good things about apr ?
I would contact apr to make sure but I am sure you can remap a remap (lol) will just over right the apr map I would think?

the car feels SLIGHTLY quicker than standard that is the highest praise I can give. I had a b5 1.8T which was remapped and would blow away the "technically superior" 2.0 TFSI,used a lot less petrol too.

Last edited:
the car feels SLIGHTLY quicker than standard that is the highest praise I can give. I had a b5 1.8T which was remapped and would blow away the "technically superior" 2.0 TFSI,used a lot less petrol too.

That doesn't sound right mate my remapped 2.0t was like different car once mapped honestly the difference was like night and day I couldn't believe how much faster the was and how agressively the reved take it back to apr!

Have you inspected the Diverter valve? these are prone to failure once mapped, they can cause performance loss.

will get it serviced shortly so should show any problems,thanks.

That doesn't sound right mate my remapped 2.0t was like different car once mapped honestly the difference was like night and day I couldn't believe how much faster the was and how agressively the reved take it back to apr!

who did your map pall ?

Iv been thinking about Angel tuning for my Tdi 140, iv heard very good things about them for diesel but not much for petrol.

Anyone used these?