Adding a sub and amp to standard HU.

baz za

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

First time on here. Just after a bit of advice. I have a audi a4 avant 2006. it has got a 6 disc front loading cd/mp3 player and bose speakers (i believe they are as bose on speaker covers) and i am looking to keep the standard head unit and add an amp and sub to it for a bit of punch.

I am not sure how to go about this and have tried looking around to see if there is a simple clip to do this but no joy.

Any help on this would be much appreciated, even if you u can point me in right direction where i can purchase the wires etc.

many thanx

baz

If it is the bose system then you should have amped door speakers and a sub in the boot already....

Yes have that already but want to add another amp and sub to give it a bit of a kick.
I had it connected in my audi a3 8l before i got this but it was quiet easy on that jus got a clip to add rca to standard stereo but cant find anything for the a4!

Hi mate, i have done this not too long ago in my A4 (non Bose) the Bose is much more difficult as all of your cars speakers are amped.

The amp is found if you remove all of the boot trim on the drivers side. there is a grill covering it so you know where it is.

You will need a Vibe Deltabox to do it properly or just an RCA adapter that can be bought for £10 from any ICE company.

Attach either on to the rear of your headunit, you will then need to earth the amp in the boot (easy) and run a remote cable from the headunit to your amp.

The remote cable is a white cable that is marked as switch iirc. note, the remote stays active for about 30 seconds after you shut all the doors, for this reason alone it took me about 2 days to find it.

Next run your power cable from battery to amp.

You then have an active amp to run an additional sub from. if this is all you are wanting it may be an idea to remove your Bose sub, if nothing else this will clear a port for the bass from your additional sub to find its way into the cars cabin.

If you get stuck PM me and i could give you a ring. will be much easier to explain down phone.

I hope this helps mate and please check the remote cable on the diagram before you take my word for it as Bose could be different.

Hi,

Many thanks for the advice. i am going to attempt this next and it has been really helpful.

It is an estate so bass will travel through nicely and will be disconnecting the bose sub as it was distorting when car was purchased. Mainly why i would like to connect the amp and sub because a bit more kick and i wont have to spend money on a new Bose sub.

Thanks again and i will give u a shout if i get stuck and will let you know how i get on.

Cheers ('',) Baz

Yeah no worries mate, im not 100% what your plan is but id run a new amp and sub then leave the Bose amp running all 4 speakers without the Bose sub.

Make sure you turn the bass right down on your headunit and use your aftermarket amp to control the sub bass.

Good luck ;-)