Sky InsuranceEM Tuning

Thread: A4 Build Thread

2nd Gear

Status

A4 Build Thread

Hi All,

Well after lots of research between a B6 S4 and a B7 2.0TQ I decided to go for the later. My decision was based on a variety of things from looks, performance and running costs etc etc. So, I then set out to buy a good S-line model but I was struggling to find a good one for less than 11k with the spec I was after.. Then an SE spec came up at a really REALLY good price. So, I put some money in the bank for toys and I've got myself a project - which I thought I would share with you all.

I'm looking to change wheels, bumpers, door blades etc etc ... and WOULD really appreciate your help and input along the way!

The car has full service history, only 48k miles with some great options and thankfully the sport pack so the suspension is already S-line height and I have some comfortable seats to sit in!

05 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro
    Black with a BIG wish list!

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    So, my first question; I have bought an S-Line front bumper and grill which I have had painted and am looking to get fitted this week. However, can I use the number plate holder from my SE bumper, or do I need to buy an S-Line one? They look very similar, if not the same.. ?
    05 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro

6th Gear

Status
    Mountain Ash, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    i think they fit ok to my knowledge but im fairly new to this aswell nice car too by the way mate
    My A4 Detailed and finished with Zymol Glasur
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/detaili...ol-glasur.html

A4 S-Line SE 220BHp with full Black pack With black badge (rear one still to fit) two tone Leather, Bose, phone prep in centre arm rest, IPOD conection RS4 pedals suede gear knob handbrake and steering wheel R8 oil Cap

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks very much, im really pleased with the car. It's in great condition and drives really well - I love the quattro in the wet!

Right, fingers crossed this number plate holder will fit, they certainly look the same...
    05 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro

2nd Gear

Status
    Well for the purpose of this thread and future viewers I can confirm that the S-Line / SE number plate holders are not interchangeable. It didn't fit! The main S-Line bumper did however fit straight on, although some trimming of plastic was required behind the lower side grills. I have also purchased some door blades, had them painted and fitted which look great.

And, my new wheels have arrived which I purchased from ebay....

I know these aren't a real popular wheel choice, and they are even for the B6 S4 - but I have always loved them and thought what the hell!
    05 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro

3rd Gear

Status
    love the b6 s4 wheels, look forward to seeing the progress

2nd Gear

Status
    if your 5 spoke wheels are 16" will do you a swap for my a8 replicas LOL

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    if your 5 spoke wheels are 16" will do you a swap for my a8 replicas LOL
    Yes, they are:

Anyone interested in the above alloys please drop me a PM. Failing that I'm going to advertise them on ebay soon. X4 (maybe 5) all in perfect condition. Some tyres new, all legal though.
    Last edited by AudiSport; 26th November 2010 at 19:43.
    05 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro

2nd Gear

Status
    Here's the front bumper fitted. Just need to get the number plate holder from Audi this weekend. Not sure what to do about the S-line badge? The car isn't an S-line and I don't want to try and imply it is.. Do you think the quattro badge would fit there?

And heres the door blades

Last edited by AudiSport; 26th November 2010 at 19:20.
    05 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro

5th Gear

Status
    Just put S-line badge on, who gives a turd lol, it is an S-line bumper aint it?

Looks good mate and you cant beat black. Your s-line sus looks high like mine? some look really low standard, maybe it cos yours is quattro?

Enjoy.
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

2nd Gear

Status
    The ride height looks much better now the 18" Avus alloys are filling the arches!
    05 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro

3rd Gear

Status
    If you want my twopennyworth then I'd got for a quattro badge on the front.

2nd Gear

Status
    Hmmm, yes my thoughts too. However it doesn't fit... Tried today but the quattro badge has a different fixing. I may have to glue it on....
    05 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro

Neutral

Status
    wack a DTM badge on the front!

lol

looks very nice, enjoy the quattro this time of year!!!
    A4 DTM Revo 2, Miltek turbo back, RS4 ARB, Forge dv. 290 bhp on a cold day!

5th Gear

Status
    You got pics of your 18s mate? wish i had quattro in this weather, not got stuck yet but been very close a few times.
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi lads, thanks for the comments. Yes the Quattro is amazing, just amazing. If you take the stability control off you can drift the rear out round corners, yet with it terned on it feels very solid in all weather conditions. We live on a steep hill and I drove past three stuck / willspinning cars last thursday after the snow came down - much to everyones amusment!

As for the Doorblades, bumper and alloys, it is coming on a treat. Here's a quick 'naff' photo taken today. I'll give the car a good clean and take some proper photos when I next get a free weekend.

It's crying out for some ali mirrors.. Can anyone recommend any cheap / decent fitting ones? Other coming plans are a DTM rear spoiler and maybe, just maybe a sports cat..
    05 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro

2nd Gear

Status
    Oh, and I went for the quattro badge!
    05 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiSport View Post
    Oh, and I went for the quattro badge!
    Good man!

5th Gear

Status
    In pro do the chrome mirror covers and apparetnly there pretty good, bout 70 off ebay i think, ask Ultramodz on here.

looking good dude.

1st Gear

Status
    Let us know how you get on with the DTM spoiler, considering one myself!

Looking a lot better than when it started mate, glad you're enjoying quattro!

Four Sprung Ducks

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks for all the feedback lads!

After some time looking at the cost of brushed ali mirrors, along with some feedback of them not being a good fit I decided to buy myself a set of used mirror caps of fleebay and get them painted silver. I explained to my local spray shop what I was trying to achieve and they have done a fantastic job. They finished them off with a fine coat finish and they look bloody great - can't wait to fit them!

05 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro

3rd Gear

Status
    Loving the car mate what a improvement wish mine was 4wd just spuns the power away this time of year ! lol

I want some mirrors for mine either the same as yours or the In Pro jobs how do you fit them is it a big job ?
    Link to a guide any one ?

2nd Gear

Status
    Well I've had a busy few weeks having a REVO remap installed, new discs and pads all round and finally the chance to give the car a good clean this weekend. I haven't got round to fitting the mirrors yet but here's a few pics taken at the weekend...

I've never been into model / engine badges so I got the kettle, and old rag and some polish out.. And before you know it they were all gone! Ahhhh, much better!

My exhaust tips were literally black, so I got the sandpaper out with some metal polish and good old elbow grease..

Last edited by AudiSport; 9th February 2011 at 22:34.
    05 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro

1st Gear

Status
    Your car looks sweet as foooook. I'd get that rear valance painted though!

Lovely car but more importantly, i love the choice of engine you have with the quattro.

can't beat it.
    Things to do: Lower on coilovers, spacers, front end respray and a full correctional detail!

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah love the quattro, can't beat it for fun / safety in the wet. Interesting idea regarding the valance, up till now I'd not thought about painting it. I'm currently dreaming of fitting a nice DTM rear spoiler....
    05 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro

1st Gear

Status
    Very nice car mate and good luck with the project!
    Nice choice of wheels by the way - they are hard to find in good condition!

Is yours 220bhp?

2nd Gear

Status
    It was only a 200bhp, but now running 246bhp thanks to some software!
    Yes I love the wheels too, they have been my favourite ever since I saw my first S4. I just love the clean understated design, and most A4's all seem to have RS4's now - so it's nice to be different.

Easy to clean too ; )
    05 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiSport View Post
    It was only a 200bhp, but now running 246bhp thanks to some software!
    Yes I love the wheels too, they have been my favourite ever since I saw my first S4. I just love the clean understated design, and most A4's all seem to have RS4's now - so it's nice to be different.

Easy to clean too ; )
    After looking at that im quite tempted to debadge mine now!

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmo View Post
    Do it, makes the backend look nice and clean:

Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmo View Post
    Go for it, so SO much better now. Who needs to know it's and A4 2.0T Quattro - thats just Audi marketing!
    The best RS4 I have ever seen was black, with dark grey alloys and de-badged... Hmmmmmm ; )
    05 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro

N/A Rools

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahim View Post
    Your car looks sweet as foooook. I'd get that rear valance painted though!
    Car looks really stunning....love the OEM look.

An alternative to painting valance..... Have had it on my Cab for bout a year now and still looks as good as the day I did it....

CF Vynil wrap...

2nd Gear

Status
    Love it - any more pics?
    05 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro

N/A Rools

Status
    Link to my Ride Thread where I did The DIY and pics Audi Club (South Africa) - Iyole's Cab Page 3

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi those 18's wheels set it off a treat, did they fit straight on without mods, and how did it affect the speedo readings, and the ride ?, (being lower prof than originals).

Regards
    Berty

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi mate
    how did you affix the Quattro badge? did you have an s-line badge on previously?
    thanks
    Jonny

2nd Gear

Status
    Eeek, I've been shopping again. A nice B8 steering wheel and S-line knob!

05 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro

5th Gear

Status
    Agree with you on the wheels, the RS4 ones are too common now-a-days, and a PITA to clean. The S4 ones are so much easier to keep clean and offer some differentiation to the norm.

Carbon fibre warp also gets the nod from me, mine has it on the rear valence, but also on the door pillars, again gives it a nice touch.
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

2nd Gear

Status
    I really fancy some silver or anthracite grey RS4s now.. Can anyone recommend a supplier as some have a nice deep-dish look, others look very flat and naff?!
    05 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro