Wheel spacers.....advice needed.....pls

mjs993

Reaction score
Hi all.......upgrading my alloys on S4 from 18" oem to 19" RS4 S-lines...... Will need spacers to deal with offset differences.....May need up to 8mm to ensure rims clear inside suspension strut......Any body ever used spacers as big as 8mm......??? Any issues to be aware of......??? Will I need new longer bolts for the alloys.....and if so are they easy to come by........??? I know lots of questions so any friendly advise really really appreciated.......:thumbsup:

Yes you will need longer bolt's. I'm running 15mm(R) and 10mm(F) spacer's with my 19's . Make sure the spacer's are hub centric.

If you are looking at the oem 19" RS4s from an A6 - which I think are et48, I would go with at least a 10mm spacer and I'd go for a 15mm at the rear to make them sit flush with the arch - 10 & 15mm are definitely hubcentric - not sure about 8mm so you'd need to check.

If you are looking at reps I'd just buy wheels that are et35

My 19's are a 43 offset and with the 15mm spacer's and the rear's sit nice. S3-N is correct in saying 8mm hub centric spacer's will be hard to come by.

Just backing up CMD really on this, hub-centrics are most important and go for the best you can afford

All replies/suggestions really welcomed guys....... : )
OK fella's got an option on 19" A6 s-lines RS4 style with ET of 48.......They are 8.5j......I know that you can also get 19" oem's same style that have 43 ET.....so was really wondering whether to part with my hard earned wonga for the ET 48's with bigger spacer or try to find a good set with ET 43 which i'm guessing would need little/no spacer........Once again wicked advise fella's and all thoughts/experience welcomed.......PS based the 8mm spacers using an alloy wheel offset calculator that stepho supplied on a previous thread....... Cheers

Go for the 43 offset as larger spacer's cost more

Have just read the above, and am now getting confussed. I am in a similar boat, replacing my 17 x7.5j ET45 sport rims with some RS4 Reps which are 18 x8j ET35. The calculators i used ask for the rim width. If i use 8, it would suggest that these will fit as the internal clearance will go up and the rims will sit 18mm further out. But if i put in 9 inch which is the physical width of the rim (outside to outside) then the difference is much more.

Should i be using the tyre seat width or physical with? And will these rims fit once tyred up.

Thanks

Matt