New B7 2.0T FSI Quattro owner.

Geeba

Reaction score
Hello all - first post so go easy on me... I wont ask daft questions as I have spent many years modding motors and just left a modded MK4 18T.

But - just taken on a more of a family motor with the A4 but it obviously feels a little bit sluggish coming from the Golf. I know the power to weight is a killer here...

I'll probably go for a re-map and the obligatory panel filter to liven things up a bit (cant see me putting a £1100 Miltek on somehow this time round) but are there any other tips and tricks?

For instance alot of 18T owners changed the N75 valve for a TT item or you could also run a length of 80mm ducting to the front bumper instead of the airbox drawing through the back of a headlamp... Mk5 rear wipers and cutting a vent in the wheel arch liner to allow air flow over the IC

What I call Sunday morning mods really... just wondered how the A4 stands on these?

Welcome aboard mate to the B7 world. I myself have just upgraded from a B6 TDI to B7, still have a few bits and bobs to do before it is up to my standards.

Thanks for the reply... notice in your sig about the Bose system.. cant you retro fit this? - I was going to get the Cruse Control but parking sensors and a Bose system would be nice!

Yes it can be retrofitted but I have yet to find out more about it, the search button is our friend. Do drop me a PM if you manage to find out more information regarding this modification.

Welcome to the club matey! I have a 2.0TFSI but a FWD one! As far as relatively easy mods that I have done/am planning to do, I have fitted the front lower spring seats off an audi A4 B5 which sit the front of the car about 10 - 15mm which make it sit abit more level. Engine wise I have fitted a green panel filter and it did make a small but noticable difference, I have a re-map planned but not until the new year, I live in Nuneaton which is pretty close to R-Tech which have some realy good reviews for maps etc! As for the recirculating valve, forge do a replacement for the TFSI engine, it is not quite as simple as the N75 on the 1.8T as the 2.0TFSI valve is controlled by the ECU, the forge valve is a straight replacement but it has a small control module type thing and some extended vaccum hoses so that you can position the module where its easy to get to and connect it to the required loom. I seem to remember there being something on the forge site about fitting.

I have also been considering a De-Cat, there is a company called VMR who used to list them on ebay, specificaly for the A4 2.0TFSI and they were around £90 posted from the states, but I could not find them the last time I had a look.

Hope that helps abit.

Adam

Welcome, there are plenty of mods for the B7 A4. A lot of ideas come from state side as tuning the B7 seems to be more popular over there than here.

Re; bose.... don't bother. It's a pain of a retro fit as you'd have to take half your interior apart.

Cheers fellas! - really appreciate the pointers...

So with a panel filter and a re-map will I make say 250hp? it goes ok as it is but there isnt any urgency to it like the Golf had... which I miss really.

Yeah 250bhp is a realistic figure. There are others that say you can get much more, but it's all dreams.

Yep "pub" horse power and real world are 2 very different things! LOL!
I've not looked into it but I'm pretty sure my new car has a KO3 turbo? or is it the KO3S? ether way the problem on the 18T Golf and I imagine the Audi was it just wasn't capable of shifting enough air to make any bigger power... even KO3 Hybrids and KO4's had to work ridiculously hard to make big figures...

250hp will be good for me.... for starters! ;)

I did! - was (still a member I think) for many years... you an ex- Golf man too?

Hmmmm - what sort of money is that lot?

Also is there a preferred air filter? with the Golf certain types killed the MAF so the "Green" were noted to be the favorite... or will the stock one be fine for me?

if you can get a trial remap then do so,I had apr remap on my car and it feels no better than standard,waste of money in my world.

Goon, a map should make some kind of difference.... so you may need to look at the engine and see if it's got any issues.

ive heard the standard paper filter are capable of handling up 300bhp and also heard that other will cause MAF problems/malfunctions

im hoping for a re-map next year also front mounted intercooler and forge presure valve and hoping to get close to 300bhp

Yep, std filter and airbox is v good on the A4. No need to mess with the filter at all. Put it this way; 3 different 300bhp+ big turbo kits for the A4, and none say you need a new filter.

I Have a remap and bsr intake it goes like hell and sounds evil but is only loud when gunning it rest of the time when driving normally its quiet which is how I wanted it! Intake makes no extra power maybe picks up a little quicker but that could just be the noise playing with my imagination lol
To be honest mine is fwd too and I don't think it could really get any more useful power down than it has now after the remap.
I have a piper cross panel filter for sale if anyone is interested?

Last edited:
How do I post pics ? Forum wont let me ?
Any way I have attached a link to BSR site if you click on "Manuals and assembly instructions" in red about 3quaters of the way down the page it will show you how its fitted and the finished filter in placeit a very neat install and still uses the crucial factory cold air feed !

BSR - Optiflow kit, A4 2002

Ye sounds great but only when driving hard which is ideal for me didnt want a loud exhaust been there done that.
Hard to describe there is like a loud whistle and sucking noise and a deep growl then when you back of you can here the dump valve as well as a churping noise. Its not your usual chav induction noise its wont be to everyones taste but I like it !

Ye sounds great but only when driving hard which is ideal for me didnt want a loud exhaust been there done that.
Hard to describe there is like a loud whistle and sucking noise and a deep growl then when you back of you can here the dump valve as well as a churping noise. Its not your usual chav induction noise its wont be to everyones taste but I like it !

Dump valve ? Audis don't have dump valves.

Diverter valve then but it essentialy does the same thing and I can hear it ! Lol

If you can hear it you may have a boost leak. It recircs back into the system, so should be a closed loop. (well oem one does anyway)

I don't have a boost leak it's just the intake if you check out any of the vids on you tube of 2'0tfsi intakes they all sound like mine. Plus the car has just been serviced and throughly checked out and given a clean bil of health!

Well spent last Saturday cleaning it up... up in the air all the wheels of and steam cleaned!

A very good friend of mine owns Fernsport at Silverstone - after I cleaned it we dried it off and gave her a good coat of wax! Looks lovely now!

under.jpg

Engine.jpg

IMAG0168.jpg

And of course we squirted the obligatory software at it! :happy:

IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

It goes lovely! - the car I drove out was a different vehical to the one I drove in!

Smooth, clean power that has more of an urgency about it instead of feeling like a wet handshake!

Chuffed! :happy:

what remap did you have done,Revo is very popular may have a trial of theirs myself.

My mate is an ex AmD chap... and is also very good friends with Adam from AmD... its his software... ;)

I have AMD on my 2.0T Quattro and I'm very impressed. However I've already found myself googling 'AMD stage 2'... Oh boy!

then when you back of you can here the dump valve as well as a churping noise. Its not your usual chav induction noise its wont be to everyones taste but I like it !

So whats the chirping noise then, if it's not air escaping to atmosphere ?

God knows I am certainly no mechanic but there is nothing wrong with my car and thats the noise it makes and every other 2.0tfsi with aftermarket cai sounds the same but if it bothers you that much google it?

Carbonio is about the quietest cai you can get search you tube for evom thats about the loudest and you should be able to hear what I am on about !