Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

18"S line alloys, correct offset?

I have looked on alloy wheel posts but they all refer to spacers etc.
    I just need to know the correct offset so I can source some new wheels and swap them straight over?
    Audi A4 Avant TDI 170 S-Line
    1992 Saab 900 T16S Convertible

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    I believe they are et43
    2.0 TDI S line.

Cruise, Leather, DIS, RNS-E, autodim, MFSW, ambient lights, Bi xenons.

Gone to its new home

2nd Gear

Status
    You won't get aftermarket wheels in this offset (ET43), they are usually ET45/ET35 offset on most copies. The more expensive rims have better offset choice but nothing like OEM.

1st Gear

Status
    Having looked you are quite right, they are all ET35 or 45.

I dont actually understand what the offset is all about if im truefull but would i be right in saying that going for a 45 as its closer to a 43 would be better than a 35 offset?
    Audi A4 Avant TDI 170 S-Line
    1992 Saab 900 T16S Convertible

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have some SEAT Exeo Fenix 5 star alloys & new Dunlop tyres for sale if anyone is interested. 225/40 x 18" et45. Rims are as new, tyres swapped by dealer as originals were subject to a factory recall, so I bought some SEAT accessory rims & new tyres just before I heard of this. They have not been on the car since the new tyres were fitted. The centre caps will simply exchange for the Audi ones.

jey
    1st Gear

Status
    lower the offset the further out the wheel is on the arch. lower the offset the further in the wheel sits.. my wheels are et42 but have them spaced to et35
    Audi A5 Sport With Full Sline Kit, Milltek Full System, ITG Filter, 20" Wheels, Sat Nav, DAB, TV, All Voice Controlled, Folding Mirrors, Auto Dim Mirrors, Ipod Connection, Bluetooth, Car Phone, Electric Leather Memory Seats. B&O Sound System.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stupra View Post
    I have some SEAT Exeo Fenix 5 star alloys & new Dunlop tyres for sale if anyone is interested. 225/40 x 18" et45. Rims are as new, tyres swapped by dealer as originals were subject to a factory recall, so I bought some SEAT accessory rims & new tyres just before I heard of this. They have not been on the car since the new tyres were fitted. The centre caps will simply exchange for the Audi ones.
    Hi have you still got the wheels for sale? i am interested. Thanks.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jey View Post
    lower the offset the further out the wheel is on the arch. lower the offset the further in the wheel sits.. my wheels are et42 but have them spaced to et35
    Shouldn't that be the higher the offset, the further in the wheel sits?
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.