Volks AutosChris Nott
    5th Gear

Status

The cruise saga continues

As some of you may know, I installed cruise a number of months ago along with a new SWCM and MFSW. The cruise has never worked despite following every set of instructions on the net and a lot of assistance from B5Nut.

I had tried bridging the clutch switch with no results, in any case I fitted a new clutch switch yesterday. When I took it out this morning I now have a different situation. Firstly, I've noticed that every so often I can engage cruise, I get the light at the top of the instrument cluster but nothing shows on the DIS, not sure if it's meant to. It only seems to work 3/10 times and only when I keep my foot very lightly on the clutch. If I remove my foot fully then the cruise goes off.

Any ideas guys? Could the sporadic nature be linked to the brake switch as well (I haven't changed it)? Is there 1 or 2 brake switches and are they in a similar spot to the clutch switch?
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    I have factory fitted CC and the light only appears on the instrument cluster and not on the DIS so at least this part of your set up works .

6th Gear

Status
    Have you monitored the cruise system via vagcom to find out what is stopping it working ?

Plus, as said, you get no indiction in the DIS if you engage cruise.
    8V S3 Sportback with options on order

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by auroan View Post
    Have you monitored the cruise system via vagcom to find out what is stopping it working?
    VAG-COM doesn't come up with an errors and the measuring blocks show that it works.

Quote Originally Posted by auroan View Post
    Plus, as said, you get no indiction in the DIS if you engage cruise.
    Ah, obviously used to the A6 courtesy car I had recently. So, and a daft question, when increasing or decreasing the CC, how do you know what it's set too?
    Nathan

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

5th Gear

Status
    Found this, I know it applies to the brake switch but I think it could equally apply to the cruise switch. I depressed the clutch, fitted the switch and left it. I'll take it out, and follow these instructions to see if it's any better:

VWVortex.com - DIY - Installing a new brake light switch (without breaking it!)
    Nathan

5th Gear

Status
    Fixed!! Yay! When fitting a new clutch switch, you need to push the pedal to the floor, make sure the switch is fully out (otherwise it's locked and you have to push the mechanism in and turn), put it against the bracket hole - don't twist yet! Then bring the clutch pedal up slowly until it is at it's rest position, then twist the switch clockwise. Voila! So those instructions posted apply to the clutch switch and were the only ones I found.

Thanks to B5Nut and 1WheelOnly (who did say it would be the switch, my bridging wire must have been faulty).

Time to change my sig
    Nathan