Long Life Service-whats included

solaris

Reaction score
So I handed my car over to Audi Slough to carry out a Long life service instucting them not to change the air filter since I have an aftermarket panel filter. They advised me they would discount the price of the service with the value of the air filter. After the service was completed I was charged the full amount and was told since the service price was discounted already so no further discounts could be given. I obviosly was not impressed and have raised this with Audi UK to clarify this since i have read of fellow owners doing exactly this. After snooping around my car I also noticed that the pollen filter had not been changed, one would have thought a major Long Life service this should have been included(@48k miles)? can anyone confirm?

sounds like they took advantage a bit mate y should u pay for parts that would normally be fitted but were not.

id read the small print of what is exactly included in the service and then maybe take the matter up with trading standards if they have charged you for parts/services you havent recieved.

You should ditch the long life service plan and change your oil twice a year as there have been many thread's on this subject. The main one being sludge build up which is not a good thing. You should take the car back and ask them what they a playing at.

when will people on here and everywhere else realise audi like every other dealership are a bunch of gangsters all they do is tell lies and rip you off. i have been a mechanic for 26 yrs and i know guys that work for audi and other dealers and i wouldnt let them change a plug. the place i work in is coming down with audis and other big name cars like bentley ferrari porsche aston martin and so on. the guys that drive these cars come to us because they know they get good work done at half the price with genuine parts. the point im trying to make is if you can find a garage that comes recommended and you know the job is done right then you should use it instead of letting these cowboys rip you off. i know some people like ther books stamped by audi but if your getting ripped of by them and being told lies, then having different stamp is a small price to pay. i know the price of all the audi parts and what it takes to fit them and when i see what audi charges people it makes me cringe. so if you can find somewhere your happy with then use it and keep these dickheads out of work. rant over...

service history is a joke you can buy it for any car. i know its logged with audi but not everyone checks it.

i hear storys about them every week and its out of order what they do. but when you go to them they know you know nothing so they roll up the sleeves and get ready to shaft you.

Some dealers are a bunch of w-----s i had an A3 previous to my current car and i took it to Nottingham Audi for a routine service, 13 days later the AA were taking the car away to my local garage with a broken cam follower and bits in the boot,as you can imagine i did not pay their bill and spoke very loudly around their sales area in front of the customers :)

Just rang Audi they rekon the pollen filter is not part of a major service. I have logged a case with Audi UK who will investigate as according to the service book this is one of the items that needs to be changed.
oh and the reason for doing the long life service was indeed to maintain the FASH and although it's on the LL plan I change the oil my self every 10 months or so anyway.

i rest my case ..

i took my car to Backdraft because of car losing power and a burning smell, pais for a service and diagnostic check, they said car was ok and had checked follower.................

6 weeks later car ******** and guess what cam follower completley gone!!!

the guy who runs Backdraft is a liar and a complte tw-t.

cost me £2200 to get back on the road!