EM TuningAH Fabrications

Status

Another RNS-E question...

Hi all,

My apologies if this has been answered already, but I have just ordered a 2009 RNS-E unit to replace my concert unit and am on the hunt for a 6 cd glove box changer, but do you know if the RNS-E requires a specific cd changer or can I just pick up any glove box changer from ebay (model type 8E0 057 111)?

Also, how much can I expect to be charged by an installer to fit the rns-e, aerial and cd changer (and presumably progam with VAG-COM)?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Hi,

Any Audi CD changer should work with the RNS-E, although why do you really want one when you have mp3 slots on the RNS-E available. Where abouts are you ref for installation ?
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

Status
    Hi,

I take your point regarding the mp3 slots, but I figured for an extra 100 its good to have and seeing as the head unit was being upgraded it would be good to do both together.

I am based down in Surrey, am looking at getting the rns-e fitted in the next week or so if possible.

Status
    Just a follow up on my post as there seems to be a lack of fitters in the South East. I got the rns-e unit fitted by oem retrofits today, they come to London once a month and I am loving the rns-e!

jey
    1st Gear

Status
    the mp3 option via sd cards is rubbish! u can only see and hear a track by mp3 in your rns-e as long as the mp3's track name is under 64 letters in length! anymore and it simply doesnt show up so u have to edit all the tracks that exceed 64... how ****e is that for a mordern unit!
    Audi A5 Sport With Full Sline Kit, Milltek Full System, ITG Filter, 20" Wheels, Sat Nav, DAB, TV, All Voice Controlled, Folding Mirrors, Auto Dim Mirrors, Ipod Connection, Bluetooth, Car Phone, Electric Leather Memory Seats. B&O Sound System.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jey View Post
    how ****e is that for a mordern unit!
    Remember it's NOT a modern unit, the RNS-E was launched in 2004 and the design was probably frozen at least a year before that - so it's an 8 year old design.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

5th Gear

Status
    Dave, does the 2010 version improve the mp3 names and the folder/file number limit?
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Dave, does the 2010 version improve the mp3 names and the folder/file number limit?
    mp3 names - no.

file limit - yes (I think the limit is 4000 files per card), and it uses SDHC cards (I'm running 2 32GB SDHC cards).
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5