Offset for 2.0t after market alloys?

Marrow

Reaction score
Thinking about replacing my std rs6s with some bbs lm reps but i have a 2.0t which comes with massive brakes and i understand wheel offset has to be right or the rims will foul the big brakes any one had experience of this and can gice me some advice on correct offset?
Thanks

Any idea what size spacers would make stock 18 " RS6`s fill the arches ? Going to lower it slightly and want to avoid arch rub ?

If you wanna run hubcentric spacers, I am pretty sure that the minimum you can run is 12mm front and 13mm rear due to the amount that the centre spigots potrude on the hubs. I was planning on going for 15mm rear and 12mm front on my s-line, Which should set them out very nicely.

Adam

Thanks big man in your sig it says subtel front suspension mod what have you done? Any pics I hate how high mine sis at the front but can't afford to drop it just yet?

I agree with how high the front of the car sits on the standard S-line suspension, here are some pictures of mine after the mod:

car1x.jpg

car3.jpg

After doing abit of research on various forums etc (I was looking for lowering caps to fit the A4) I found out that it is possible to fit the lower spring seats from a B5 A4 onto either a B6 or B7 to achieve approximately a 10-15mm drop, which in my oppinion evens the wheel - arch gap quite nicely. The spring seats cost around £25 each, so not too expensive, although due to there position on the suspension setup it is neccesary to remove the spring etc to fit, If you are able to do the work yourself I would say that it is a worth while mod, especialy if you were not wanting to change from the S-line suspension. It is probably not worth doing if you have to pay to have them fitted.

I am looking to fit some 35mm drop H&R or Eibach springs next year, and will more than likely leave these on to give the car a slight front down look, although if it is too much I have the original spring seats here which I can fit.

Hope that helps.

Adam

That looks mint I have headr about this before but not seen any pics tempted to just do this to mine and not lower it as there are so many speed bumps and poor road surfaces around me I can do without a stiffer ride !
Any pics side on with wheels staright to get a better idea of how its sitting ?