''Economy Drive'' thead got me thinking....

Fahim

Reaction score
Hi,

I drive a Audi A4 Avant, 2.0 TDI (140 bhp orignally. Now 195bhp/400lb-ft torque)
Its done 146,000 on the clock and drives beautifully though sounds like a bag of nails.

I've recently serviced her, cleaned out the egr valve (spotless near enough!!) and intercooler so everythings up to scratch.

Before and after the service i still keep getting pretty poor mpg around London town.

I dont drive like a nob constantly but dont fanny around either. I change gear at 2,000 rpm on the DOT. The car rarely ever smokes. I never see anything unless i idle for ages and then boot it once.

I understand stop start isn't great, nor is the cold weather recently. But all i ever see to a £85 tank of BP ULTIMATE is 400 odd miles. 450 if its motorway. This doesen't sound like a diesels fuel consumption.

I don't load lugg either much except for a subwoofer in the back.

1) What sort of MPG are you getting around town? Does anyone else live in London with a avant 2.0 and get 400 miles? I'm quite annoyed at how much i've filled up in the last 5 months of ownership!

and before you say it, yes tire pressures and what not are fine. Over the prescribed actually.

2) At what RPM do you change your oil burner? lower or higher than 2,000?

3) what miles per gallon are we avants getting and how much miles has your engine done?

4) Any thoughts as to whats with the poor fuel consumption?

Thanks,

Fahim.

Sounds quite poor MPG to me but the map you are running is likely to be reason its always a trade off between economy and enjoyment.

Yep, it'll be your map as 195 is a massive change, I didn't think there were maps that high for a 140. I doubt it's good for your engine. The typical max is 185.

My car, when rolling road before the remap was 150 bhp, so a 45bhp increase which was the standard 140-185bhp!