A4 - DTM??

drmole

Reaction score
Mountain Ash, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
Rang Audi the other day to queery some part numbers i had gave my chasis number and the guy said "oh wow thas a DTM Model".

does anyone on here know
Is this wa makes it the special edition? and wa defines the DTM/special edition from a normal A4 2.0tfsi apart the extra 20bhp?

any help would be great guys

The DTM edition was a special run of 250 right hand drive models, all saloons and all in 2005. They had a rear diffusor and an RS4 style front bumper, plus DTM badging, different alloys and tail pipes.

images
images

Last edited:
the dif between the two is cosmetic but its interesting the chassis came up as dtm.. guessing SE and DTM must share same chassis...........

Yup DTMs were all 220;

Audi A4 DTM Edition Specs, Pictures & Engine Review - "The Audi A4 DTM features S LINE chassis"

2005 Audi A4 DTM Edition Price, Specs & More | RSportsCars.com - "which are combined with lowered sports suspension with spring and damper settings unique to this version"

The New Audi A4 DTM Special Edition - "Lowered sports suspension"

All these pages say something different regarding the suspention. Audi's take on it when I was dicussing my Special Edition Sline with a tech at Inglostadt when I visited in Sept was that the DTM and SE Sline all had the same suspension and chassis components apart from stiffer shocks/spring settings. Hence why the Special Edition / DTM may have come up with the same code. And that was straight from an AUDI AG technical expert rather than some franchise dealership monkey.

Yup DTMs were all 220;

Audi A4 DTM Edition Specs, Pictures & Engine Review - "The Audi A4 DTM features S LINE chassis"

2005 Audi A4 DTM Edition Price, Specs & More | RSportsCars.com - "which are combined with lowered sports suspension with spring and damper settings unique to this version"

The New Audi A4 DTM Special Edition - "Lowered sports suspension"

All these pages say something different regarding the suspention. Audi's take on it when I was dicussing my Special Edition Sline with a tech at Inglostadt when I visited in Sept was that the DTM and SE Sline all had the same suspension and chassis components apart from stiffer shocks/spring settings. Hence why the Special Edition / DTM may have come up with the same code. And that was straight from an AUDI AG technical expert rather than some franchise dealership monkey.

thas sorted tha queery out then! nice one! one more question are the bumpers a direct fit for the s line as i think i may b going for these

The DTM is such a nice looking car! I have also been looking into retro fitting the DTM front bumper to my car, being an avant I can't fit the rear bumper :( I have seen a fair few retro fits on various different forums, So it does look like the fit straight on.

Have a ganders on ebay, I noticed a full DTM kit on there for sale when I looked a few days ago.

EDIT: here is a good example of a retro fit, can't remember what forum I found it on:

mg4444.jpg
mg4444.jpg

mg4452.jpg

Adam

Last edited:
The DTM is such a nice looking car! I have also been looking into retro fitting the DTM front bumper to my car, being an avant I can't fit the rear bumper :( I have seen a fair few retro fits on various different forums, So it does look like the fit straight on.

Have a ganders on ebay, I noticed a full DTM kit on there for sale when I looked a few days ago.

EDIT: here is a good example of a retro fit, can't remember what forum I found it on:

mg4444.jpg
mg4444.jpg

mg4452.jpg

Adam

do u have the site or forum u got the pics off?? really like the bonnet vents and the dtm front bumper looks really well.. wasnt that keen on them compared to the sline but seeing it lowered makes it stand out better.. take it the rear is an sline bumper..

cheers col seen this one was looking for an OEM one as fibreglass ones look great for bowt 6 months then the cracks come in i found a guy on ebay breaking a fire damaged one exterior is mint all damage on inside so touch wood he wont as ridiculas money for them

AFAIK, i think thats from Audizine!

Pretty sure i've seen it on that forum....Not to keen on the vents on the bonnet, or the yello-ish lights but his car is sweet non the less. The brakes are HUGE!! and rims look sweet :) Love white cars.

cheers col seen this one was looking for an OEM one as fibreglass ones look great for bowt 6 months then the cracks come in i found a guy on ebay breaking a fire damaged one exterior is mint all damage on inside so touch wood he wont as ridiculas money for them

If its the same fire damaged one on ebay as I have seen, the dark blue one, then both the bumpers are already sold, well thats what they told me as I gave them a ring call about a week ago.

Adam

If its the same fire damaged one on ebay as I have seen, the dark blue one, then both the bumpers are already sold, well thats what they told me as I gave them a ring call about a week ago.

Adam

thanks adam it looked black but could have been dark blue i was a bit sleepy hopefully i will be in luck gunna ring audi later on too price them up lol tha should be fun

Last one I phoned about the guy wanted £450 + delivery then add painting it would have been cheaper going to Audi.

They are exceptionally expensive, the ones I've seen are about £450 for the front and £300 for the rear. With painting then you are talking a shedload of cash.

fecking hell!!!! still want them tho lol gunna ring audi and find out wa there are new i kno its alot but worth it i think lol must be mad

Same here, does this fit a non-sline version? Do I have to get another grill?

ok bit of an update for you guys rang audi today and asked about the dtm bumpers
was very helpfull suprisinally lol said as long as get a dtms chassis number it shouldnt be a problem
as he said he needs this to cross reference the part number to ensure they fit perfectly against my chassis number as he said the support bar behind the bumper may be required also. so the search is now on for a dtms chassis number lol so i can get a price
on this front there one for sale in a garage near me so ill take a trip down there n borrow the chassis number lol lol

Just for info, the fog inserts for the DTM bumper do not have any fog light holes so if you want to keep your front fogs you will need to dremmel the inserts.

OK UPDATE

got hold of a DTM Chasis Number 2day and priced up the bumpers
Hope your all sitting down lol

Front Bumper - 8EO807105QGRU - £370+ VAT
Rear Bumper - 8E5807303DGRU - £367+ VAT
Front Bumper Mesh Inserts - 8E0807681JZ9Y
- 8E0807682JZ9Y - £28.78+ VAT Each
Front Bumper Splitter - 8E0807110E:sign_omg: - £377.42+ VAT
(Carbon Fibre Lip)

So as we thought not cheap but seeing them in the flesh has sold me on them even more:wub:
and guy in audi said he can have everything next day if ordered before 3pm bargin lol!

think im def gunna save for these tho if any of you would like the chasis number to check any DTM parts u fancy urself drop me a pm and ill forward it to you

Darren I have found this.......... Oh i think it's best if i pm you.

ill give TPS a bell 2morro dar and see what they say, looks like you will have to get them from stealers though. have you tried stoke audi? might get a bit off them dude

Can you break that down, I only need ront bumper and inserts.....

i picked up a DTM rear bumper 2day half way there jus the front to do now all mine for the bargin price of lol well thas my lil seceret but lets jus say over a £100 saving lol

Bet you won't be so lucky with the front though. No bargains to be had there.

Does anyone know if the RS4 grill fits the DTM bumper??? Reason I ask is I've researched these and never came across a picture of the two together.

Last edited:
think they do as the grill seems to be a standard size for all hoping so neway as im planing to get the rs4 grill to go with my front DTM bumper and after the coin i saved on the back bumper i dont mind buying the front now he he he he

What are you paying for a front bumper with all the inserts? If you don't mind me asking

Front bumper from TPS is around £295 where as Audi want something like £390??? i did have the exact prices but misplaced the paper i had with them on now but your looking at nearly £100 saving on each item give or take a few pounds. didnt check inserts but cant be more than what Audi are asking for them(around £20 each)