Volks AutosSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

S4 Steering wheel Question

Hi, I have taken a bit of a chance, I have bought a S4 steering wheel with badge and out of a 59 reg B8 as it looks the same other than the badge, different colour stitching and has silver around the controls so the question is will it fit my car and is it the same airbag as the my B7 S-line. I have also bought the S4 kick plates however, I know these my be completely different and would be happy if just the front ones fit as I only paid 35.00 including delivery for all 4 and the still have the celophane on. I did pay 70.00 for the wheel inc delivery so I am just hoping they fit. Do any of you guys know if they are the same or totally different. I know it may sound stupid to buy things that your not sure about however, if they dont fit I think I will make some dosh selling on ebay. Hope some guru out there has the answer im looking for. Cheers, David

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I'd be interested to know this as well. The wheel is a different part number but I think if it doesn't fit it'll be down to the Airbag. The only way you'd tell is to disconnect your battery, take the two screws holding your airbag in place (rear of the steering wheel). Disconnect the airbag, undo the steering wheel and see if it fits. I suspect the thread will be the same diameter.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

Neutral

Status
    I will let you know, That was going to be my next question, how to disconnect the airbag without getting a warning light. So if I disconnect the battery will that stop the warning light comming on ?

5th Gear

Status
    Disconnect the battery, undo two screws (need to remove the covers) at the back of the wheel, remove the airbag (three connectors, one that slides off and two that need the yellow squares lifting up). Unscrew the steering wheel using a spline (can't remember the size, think it was 16mm). Put new wheel on, put screw back in, see if the airbag fits properly by reconnecting and screwing back in (you should hold the airbag against the wheel while you put the screws in and make sure it is screwed in). If it does, reconnect battery.

You will then get an ABS light, this is because the steering angle sensor needs recalibrating, just drive slowly and turn a few corners and it should go. Your keyfob will need to be reprogrammed. To do this, lock the car via key, unlock via key, start the engine, turn off the engine, remove key and close door. If it doesn't work try it again.

You shouldn't get an airbag light.

However, you might find that the airbag doesn't fit properly in which case you'll be putting everything back as is.
    Nathan

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

Neutral

Status
    Thank you for your help and advise. David

3rd Gear

Status
    you got the ones on ebay then? surprised the s4 one went cheaper than the s-line one that finished 5mins early?

Neutral

Status
    Yes I got the S4 59 reg steering wheel and I was pleased to say it fitted spot on same fitting and airbag. The S-Line kickplates/sills did not fit bit smaller so I am going to sell the on ebay. Thanks

1st Gear

Status
    glad it fitted mate, any pics?

Four Sprung Ducks

Neutral

Status
    I would love to post some pics of my car and mods but dont know how to, anyone give me advice. Thanks

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by archiemac281 View Post
    I would love to post some pics of my car and mods but dont know how to, anyone give me advice. Thanks
    I'm astonished! Brilliant! What's the part number?

If you PM me, I'll send you my email address where you can send the pics, I'll upload them for you.
    Nathan

Neutral

Status
    Thanks Nathan I will do. David

5th Gear

Status
    Just uploaded David's pics, very nice car! Pictures show the new B8 S4 wheel, cupra spoiler, brushed alli mirrors, 19in Sirocco Gt alloys, silver carbon fiber wrap. RS4 grille, foglight grille mesh. Enjoy:

Nathan

Neutral

Status
    Cheers Nathan, your a pal, David