Door skin material

Mini-mad-matt

Reaction score
Hi.
What are the door skins made from on a B7?
I've just washed mine for the first time, and they seemed to push in as though they were plastic. Is this the case?
Cheers
MMM

The skin's are a hard wearing plastic then covered with cloth or if you are the luck one's a nice drop of leather

The skin's are a hard wearing plastic then covered with cloth or if you are the luck one's a nice drop of leather

Cheers mate. Never noticed it on B6. Is it just a B7 thing? Makes it less prone to dents in the car parks I suppose.
MMM

I hope you mean the inner door skin and not the outer door skin. (Red face if i'm wrong)

CMD you've gotten it totally wrong

Door skin is obviously the exterior door metal work.

The inner panel is called the door card. . . . .

@ MK2 Golf 24v I stand corrected. I should know the difference by now as i spend my time detailing car's. (note to self only use the Rotary's and DA's on the out side of the car and not the inside).. My Bad

Last edited:
@ MK2 Golf 24v I stand corrected. I should know the difference by now as i spend my time detailing car's. (note to self only use the Rotary's and DA's on the out side of the car and not the inside).. My Bad

no wonder your door cards were proper shinny lol easy mistake col as some people call the door cards door skins