2.0 tdi feels jerky in 1st and 2nd gear at low revs

fozworth

Reaction score
Not all the while but my 2.0tdi seems to feel a bit jerky at low revs under 2000rpm . Almost like your in to higher gear for the speed. Also seems like the throttle response is poor at low revs almost like the turbo doesn't kick in quick enough . I think you should feel the turbo kick more than you can ? Any idears

Have you tried any fuel additive like Redex?
Mine runs 'lumpy' when the fuel companies put there winter additives in the diesel.
Regular used of Redex sorts it out.
Just a thought, worth trying for little expense?

have you thought about the dual mass flywheel maybe mate if its jerky ... test run on a straight round put it in 6th at 40 or 50 and put ur foot down and if its really jerky that could be the flywheel

It's a power jerk more than a transmission type if you get what i mean ?

yea sorry i didnt read it right mate lol has it lost complete power at any point ... mine went threw a stage of doing this then seemed to cure itself it may be dirty fuel clogging injectors, i used redex alot before to and didnt really notice much difference in it

dont really know about deisel engines but my pertol turbo done this and it was a faulty diverter valve. once changed the uptake of power was smooth in first..