Painting chrome???

I'm not sure how it's attached to the car that's all, is it clips that will snap getting them off or is it adhesive which might bend the plastic whilst removing the strips? I'm not sure. Do you know where I could get them vinyl wrapped if they will come off?

vinyl wrapped sorry no, if u had them off would painting again not be ok?

Yeah painting should be fine but I'd def wet sand between each coat then polish it up otherwise I don't think it would look too clever. I'm only concerned about how they are attached to the car?

a car body repair shop would know how they are removed and replaced id say... the trims would ten times better sprayed than the black rubber ones that are on the 07 SE's..

I'm not sure how it's attached to the car that's all, is it clips that will snap getting them off or is it adhesive which might bend the plastic whilst removing the strips? I'm not sure. Do you know where I could get them vinyl wrapped if they will come off?

Are you talking about the chrome trims around the window/doors? If you are then I strongly recommend you don't remove them. There are several old threads about this but basically you have to take the door to bits to replace them. I would recommend just using some vinyl such as 3M Di-Noc and covering them. At least if you don't like them you can take them off.

I knew it wouldn't be easy, where can I get di noc from Nath?

Can you only get carbon? I just want black. Carbon will be noticeable and I want it to match my grill and wheels when I buy em lol

That BMW stuff is expensive mate, I'm getting some sign writing done for Friday, I might just ask my guy if he has any black vinyl and use that. I'm sure it'll be cheap enough. Do you think this will work?

Yep. I think there are other black automotive vinyl tapes around but anything that can stick to plastic/metal should be fine I would reckon.

ill go down the route of remove and spray plus dont fancy knife's round the paintwork lol.. carbon would look well if the wing mirrors were carbon to....

Let me know how you get on with that. I dont fancy it myself, a razor blade will be better than a knife, there much more precise. If you've got a steady hand your paintwork will be fine.

A few people have done it with a knife and as long as you are steady it should be straightforward. Apparently you will need to remove the rear quarter glass to remove that bit of trim....I wouldn't fancy doing that.

Richardesty di-noc'd his trim. Give him a PM and ask him how he got on.

That's a good dea, I guess it might look pretty good in carbon, I just want it "murdered out" as yanks say ha ha but nit looking like a ricer with carbon.

Thanks to the OP, for doing his grill, i got inspired to do mine and alloy sort out my alloys too.

Thanks be to the big man for the LOVELY weather we had today and yesterday. Perfect for painting in!!

and thanks to a friend for his helping hand...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

:rock::rock::rock:

Last edited:
Looks good mate, glad to see iv dished out abit of inspiration :) now I need to sort my black wheels ha ha.