Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    5th Gear

Status

Painting my grill

Anyone done this? i want to paint my standard S-line grill including the chrome surround in black, i really wanna do it whilst on the car, am i right in thinking i can remove just the chrome surround paint it and snap it back into place?

any tips from you pro's? type of paint, prepping, anything?

Thanks.
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

2. # ADS
    ADS

jey
    1st Gear

Status
    sprayer told me he wud need the grill off to do this. would make a better job of it 90 quoted for main grill and left and right lower grills..he mentioned it would be goo idea to know the type of plastic so he can get the correct primer to avoid flaking..
    Audi A5 Sport With Full Sline Kit, Milltek Full System, ITG Filter, 20" Wheels, Sat Nav, DAB, TV, All Voice Controlled, Folding Mirrors, Auto Dim Mirrors, Ipod Connection, Bluetooth, Car Phone, Electric Leather Memory Seats. B&O Sound System.

5th Gear

Status
    I have done this mod before on a fiesta ST but it was very easy to remove grill, I just don't wanna be messing taking bumper off then on then off then on. It's the chrome that I'm not sure about?
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

5th Gear

Status
    The grille is attached to the back of the bumper so you will have to take the front bumper off.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

5th Gear

Status
    what about the chrome surround?

i think it is looking like bumper off unfortunately :-(

5th Gear

Status
    Chrome surround is attached to the grille which is attached to the back of the front bumper so you need to take the bumper off.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

jey
    1st Gear

Status
    about 8 or ten screws an half hr's work to remove, theres a guy on here done a very good step by step guide with photos..
    Audi A5 Sport With Full Sline Kit, Milltek Full System, ITG Filter, 20" Wheels, Sat Nav, DAB, TV, All Voice Controlled, Folding Mirrors, Auto Dim Mirrors, Ipod Connection, Bluetooth, Car Phone, Electric Leather Memory Seats. B&O Sound System.

5th Gear

Status
    Yeah i asked in another thread above and someone posted me the guide up so gonna set to work after my missis is done making my coffee and bacon sandwhiches.

Ah a perfect start :-)

jey
    1st Gear

Status
    think ill do same only missus has pissed off and ill have to make my own but piece and quite lol

5th Gear

Status
    Right bumper is nearly off, one of the screws on top of grill has threaded badly so were waiting for drill to charge whilst having another brew then we'll drill it off and bumper should just pop off. Then the fun begins!!