Painting my grill

Triple.O.G

Reaction score
Anyone done this? i want to paint my standard S-line grill including the chrome surround in black, i really wanna do it whilst on the car, am i right in thinking i can remove just the chrome surround paint it and snap it back into place?

any tips from you pro's? type of paint, prepping, anything?

Thanks.

sprayer told me he wud need the grill off to do this. would make a better job of it £90 quoted for main grill and left and right lower grills..he mentioned it would be goo idea to know the type of plastic so he can get the correct primer to avoid flaking..

I have done this mod before on a fiesta ST but it was very easy to remove grill, I just don't wanna be messing taking bumper off then on then off then on. It's the chrome that I'm not sure about?

The grille is attached to the back of the bumper so you will have to take the front bumper off.

what about the chrome surround?

i think it is looking like bumper off unfortunately :-(

Chrome surround is attached to the grille which is attached to the back of the front bumper so you need to take the bumper off.

about 8 or ten screws an half hr's work to remove, theres a guy on here done a very good step by step guide with photos..

Yeah i asked in another thread above and someone posted me the guide up so gonna set to work after my missis is done making my coffee and bacon sandwhiches.

Ah a perfect start :)

think ill do same only missus has ****** off and ill have to make my own but piece and quite lol

Right bumper is nearly off, one of the screws on top of grill has threaded badly so were waiting for drill to charge whilst having another brew then we'll drill it off and bumper should just pop off. Then the fun begins!!