Auto Lights and Come home lights

Mini-mad-matt

Reaction score
Hi,

Two questions for you. (Can't find answers using search)

Is it possible to retrofit Auto lights, and if so, how?

Can Coming home lights be activated just with coding?

Thanks in advance,

MMM

Coming home lights can be coded without having a light sensor but the lights will come on during the day as well and an error will show in VCDS that it can't find a sensor.

Auto lights needs a sensor so to do a proper OEM job, as far as I am aware, if you don't have an auto-dim rear-view mirror, you need a new windscreen which has the correct fitting for the sensor and auto-dim mirror and then a new light switch. People only tend to retrofit these when they need a new windscreen. Think the last thread I looked at on this someone said the windscreen was around the £200 mark.

You may have to replace your screen soon Matt as it has a crack in it huh, hint hint, surely you have windscreen cover with your insurer without any loss of no claims & just pay an excess, if you tell the installer you have the auto lights, rain sensor & auto dimming mirror they will fit that screen, of course your mirror fell of aswell before they did the install & you will put it back on later when the sealant has dried & when they've left, again hint hint.

Yes you need new screen, a light/rain sensor, new mirror, rewiring & headlight switch, all jobs I can do/arrange.