My DRL LED Replacement, (not the LED strip)

PetrolAholic

Reaction score
Hi all, thought I would share a few pics with you. For starters I thought I would post here as in the RS forum there is just me and some tumbleweed that goes buy every few hours...

Right, fitted:

IMG_0113.JPG

IMG_0114.JPG

IMG_0115.JPG

IMG_0116.JPG

Hope that helps some people. Sorry got no before and after pics but trust me they were yellow in comparison.

And didn't want the LED Strip as didnt want to copy the newer Audis to make mines look "newer" this is technically how it left the factory and thats how it's staying!

PS Also got no warning lights on the dash yet about bulbs being broken, which is good!

Last edited:
Very nice. You will make a few of us jealous posting pics like that on here but nice all the same. I'm not at all envyous t all, really i'm not

Lol, well thought I would post here as its more relevant to A4's in general...

Anyway just drove home from work and my dam bulb out warning light came on... Any advise where to go from here? What resistor I need to put in place and is there a kit I can get to just "plug in"?

think ill try these as was looking for a hid or xenon conversion looks very smart
can i ask wa bulbs id need was the model number for ones you fitted?
stunning car aswell think an rs4 is on the cards for me next

Just out of interest and not trying to make you sound stupid at all. These are not replacement for the High Beam, they are the original DRL (yellow bulbs) replacement to LED.

However the bulbs are: Type 382 12V 21w and you need to search for this type but in LED form (making sure you get the correct colour)

Also you will need the resistor kit to disable your "bulb failure" error on the in car computer.

All in all I think the whole kit costs £15-20 and will take around 1.5 hours (a little less if you know what you're doing!)

Just out of interest and not trying to make you sound stupid at all. These are not replacement for the High Beam, they are the original DRL (yellow bulbs) replacement to LED.

However the bulbs are: Type 382 12V 21w and you need to search for this type but in LED form (making sure you get the correct colour)

Also you will need the resistor kit to disable your "bulb failure" error on the in car computer.

All in all I think the whole kit costs £15-20 and will take around 1.5 hours (a little less if you know what you're doing!)

thas great will definitly give these a go thanks

Nice one

I run led's in there too, having recently tried a HID conversion in the same DRL position.

It worked a treat and the colour was great.............but they were FAR too bright!

Nice one

I run led's in there too, having recently tried a HID conversion in the same DRL position.

It worked a treat and the colour was great.............but they were FAR too bright!

Do you run the resistors? Mine havent turned up today (grr). Just want to know if it stops the annoying "BEEEEEEP" Every time you start the engine!

Also thought about putting a HID conversion in there but didnt want the hassle with all the extra boxes and stuff.... My engine bay is cramped enough as it is!

Also notice you are from Lincoln, I live in Spalding!

Last edited:
could i fit those to my Sline a4, and how much would the kit cost to buy?

could i fit those to my Sline a4, and how much would the kit cost to buy?

Bulbs - Between £5 to £15
Resistors - £9 to about £13 Depending on where you buy.

Not sure about fitting to yours, sure someone else will enlighten you but essentially I imagine it's the same?

Do you run the resistors? Mine havent turned up today (grr). Just want to know if it stops the annoying "BEEEEEEP" Every time you start the engine!

Also thought about putting a HID conversion in there but didnt want the hassle with all the extra boxes and stuff.... My engine bay is cramped enough as it is!

Also notice you are from Lincoln, I live in Spalding!

Yeah - providing you've got the correct resistors they'll sort your beep and warning :)

Small world ay?!?!?!? Yeah I'm in Lincoln! We'll have to meet up and compare notes some time :)

When I bought my sidelight leds the chap I spoke to said they wouldn't throw up a warning light and he was as good as his word.

He also mentioned he was getting drl bulbs in with built in resistors that would also be canbus friendly but was waiting on them being delivered.

If you want to try him I put a link in my thread but I'd make sure you ask if you can return them if there's an error as a precaution (as I did).

When I bought my sidelight leds the chap I spoke to said they wouldn't throw up a warning light and he was as good as his word.

He also mentioned he was getting drl bulbs in with built in resistors that would also be canbus friendly but was waiting on them being delivered.

If you want to try him I put a link in my thread but I'd make sure you ask if you can return them if there's an error as a precaution (as I did).

Link to your thread? I was looking for them with built in resistors to start off with, would be so much easier!

On a side note, hopefully my resistors will turn up today... Getting to the point of wanting to break the BEEEEEEEEP and can't be bothered to put the originals back in yet, took me long enough to change these!

Hey all, quick update and good news.

Got the resistors fitted (an almighty pain that was) Bumper off and lights out, mounted the resistors to the top chassis rail for some extra heat absorption, also was the closest thing that was metal to mount to as I now know how hot these things get!!!!!

So far no warning for bulb failure...

Next thing is LED sidelights but that I feel is the easy one as can get ones with resistors already built in.