Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Painting my S-line grille black??

I have been researching this for some time and have decided the cheapest and easiest option to blacking out my grille is to paint it. It looks simple enough as the bumper is already off so all i need to do is to rub it down and primer it. My question is, what black paint do people recommend for the grille?? I see a lot of people have used plasti-dip, are there better options??

Any advice welcomed.
    Cheers,
    James

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I've seen some bad examples of people using plasti-dip. Apparently it can sometimes take a while to dry and you can make it look awful if it hasn't dried properly. I've done my cupra lip in satin black spray paint from Halfords (used their primer first) and then finished it with some clear coat spray I bought of ebay. Looks pretty smart. Just need to stick it on the car.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks mate! How much were the cans for halfords approximately??
    Cheers,
    James

5th Gear

Status
    Around a fiver a can.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

jey
    1st Gear

Status
    sparyer qouted me 90 to spray the grill and lower grills gloss black to match my surround.
    Audi A5 Sport With Full Sline Kit, Milltek Full System, ITG Filter, 20" Wheels, Sat Nav, DAB, TV, All Voice Controlled, Folding Mirrors, Auto Dim Mirrors, Ipod Connection, Bluetooth, Car Phone, Electric Leather Memory Seats. B&O Sound System.