AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits

Thread: mp3s

Neutral

Status

mp3s

Does the RNS-E, or the associated cd changer play mp3 cds? I know that the unit has the ability toplay mp3 from the SD cards, but just wondered whether it will do the cd ones as well.
    Thanks in advance,

MMM

2. # ADS
    ADS

jey
    1st Gear

Status
    yes it does play cd mps's but the really **** thing about the rns is it will only show a song either on cd or sd as long as the title is less than 64 letters!!! so if more than 64 u have to edit them down which is pain steaking when u want to add 100 tracks to an sd,
    Audi A5 Sport With Full Sline Kit, Milltek Full System, ITG Filter, 20" Wheels, Sat Nav, DAB, TV, All Voice Controlled, Folding Mirrors, Auto Dim Mirrors, Ipod Connection, Bluetooth, Car Phone, Electric Leather Memory Seats. B&O Sound System.

5th Gear

Status
    The rns-e is pretty archaic. I'm keeping an eye on the 2010 rns-e's as they are coming down in price. Just need a B7 faceplate and I'll probably get one of them.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    The rns-e is pretty archaic. I'm keeping an eye on the 2010 rns-e's as they are coming down in price. Just need a B7 faceplate and I'll probably get one of them.
    ?
    Archaic in what way? What does the newer one do that that my one won't?

5th Gear

Status
    From what I remember, better screen resolution, support for SDHC cards, support for more than the 512 file limit. PetrolDave has one fitted. There are various threads on the audiforum.us site.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.