2.0T FSi - Kettle’s Boiled

stevehall

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a few problems with my 2.0T FSi at the moment L

One problem I have is that when the engine is running and I listen there is a whistle like a kettle has boiled, and keeps going a few seconds after I turn it off.

I am not sure if it has always done this, but it does not sound right – Can anyone confirm if they start there 2.0T FSi and have the bonnet open and blip the throttle then listen and see if you get the whistle.
Steve

I dont know.. If i start the car the whistle/ air suck noise is faint, if i blip the throttle to about 3k and then let it drop back to idle the whistle/ air sucking is loud and stays at the same level, and then when i turn the car off it carrys on for maybe 2-3 sec.

I think it must be something broken / split but i cant seem to find anything.

Will have another look over the weekend, and if not take it in, but as she's just had some new tyres, and some yellow stuff pads i relly need to fix this myself - if i can

I am sure all this stuff has started to happen in past few weeks as she has over heard me saying I want a A6, Think a full day cleaning her this weekend to show her i still love her!

Last edited:
go around all the pipes with a spray bottle filled with water and fairy liquid when the car is running, if theres a boost leak the pressure from the supercharger may create bubbles, if it doesnt do it then get somebody to hold the revs steady at lets say 2500 rpm and spray again and check for bubbles.
****** cars, theve got a mind of their own haha

Robbo

no noise from mine either sound like a boost leak to me too also check all pipes around the jubabley clips as if they have been overtightened they cause the pipe to slit if no leak is found then it may be somthing more serious be sure to check all the air intakes and also the inlet manifold

hi did you find out what was making the noise as mine has started to to the same thing! I was thinking of replaceing the servo vacume pump.

I had this recently, audi diagnosed it straight away and it cost £50 to fix. It was the crankcase breather.

ste

free wheeling pulley on the alternator?