Is there a better rear Avant sub woofer that fits directly into the exsisting postion

fozworth

Reaction score
Ive had to remove my rear trim panels to remove my rear bumper so would like to change my sub at the same time as it sounds as if its nailed .Didnt know if a after market one fits directly in place or maybe a better audi one such as bose ?

I too would be interested in anyones views, its not quite upto the job me thinks.

Richard

I'd like to do this on my RS6 Avant but have no idea how to remove the side panels there doesnt seem to be any screws or clips to undo

Right, after no replies to help I've done some looking into 6.5" subs which is the size of the one I've taken out and there only seems to be either JL ones which to behonest a £89 are A to expensive and B to much of a speaker for the stock system . I've seen a couple on American sites but shipping makes then not cots worthy . I've found a sub for 19 quid but the problem being it's a 8 ohm not 4 ohm like car ones are . But at under £20 I'm going to try it. I used to run house hold speakers on my car stereo's back in the day without any bother so I'm going to take a chance.will let u allknow .
The side boot trims are shown in good pictured detail on how to remove on tyre smoke forum . Do a search for fitting tow bar to a4 avant or remove a4 rear bumper and you will see it .

Seriously mate, I wouldn't bother with sub for £20.
First, you need to find out what is power rating of a amp to which the sub is connected.
Second, find a more expensive (known brand) sub which will match your amp or get a new amp as well.
There is no point to buy a stronger sub, ESPECIALLY 8Ohm because amp will not use it.
Unless you want to spend £200+ for sub and amp, there is no point to change anything.

Ok but I still have the issue of my sub being blown so what do I do as there's no way I'm paying audi prices for a pretty **** speaker? Any idears where I can get one without audi price tag

ebay and watch for a used a4 bose set up