2005 tdi EGR Cooler click

P Crr

Reaction score
I am having problems with my car starting. I have noticed that when I turn off engine I can hear a sqeulshy click sound coming from EGR cooler area. Is this normal?

Thanks, Just trying to figure out whats causing my misfire whan starting from cold.

mine doesnt misfire as such was in amd essex yesterday and we have come to the conclusion that the primer pump in the tank is letting fuel drain back into the tank its warm and the fuel has a bit more pressure everything is fine im going to try clamping the lines off tonight to see if that makes any differance the if its that figure a wat of puttying a non return valve in

Which pipe have you clamped. Any ideas how much to fix??. This fault is getting on my nerves. My car has no faults logged.

the guys at amd said clamp them both but the blue and black ones are return from the fuel filter ive been looking at installing a one way valve as close to the tank as possible which i think would solve said problem one way valves are about a tenner off the net a couple of bits of correct diameter fule pipe and a couple of jubilee clips and a male to male connector i reckon it should cost 30 £ max

i have a link i think not audi but basically describes what happens

If you own enough vehicles with an electric fuel pump, eventually it's likely that your luck will run out and you'll find yourself with a vehicle that refuses to operate properly due to a lack of go-juice. Most modern vehicles place the pump in the tank where it can be kept cool with a constant bath of fuel, but this location isn't so ideal when it comes time to replace that troublesome component. Fortunately, the task usually isn't quite as daunting as it may first appear, and tackling this project yourself can save several hundred dollars.

Fuel pumps can either fail outright, in which case the vehicle will simply refuse to run, or they will lose pressure over time, causing a slow and sometimes not easily noticed drop-off in performance and drivability. Increased fuel pump noise (it's the whine coming from the area of the tank) or longer cranking times are often signs that your fuel pump may not have much longer to go.

it doesnt have a link but i can email it to you if you pm me your email