Finally painted my brakes

rowdyboy

Reaction score
I finally got round to painting my calipers.
I didnt want to go for the usual suspects as i didnt want them to stand out too much.
I decided to do them body coloured but wasn't sure if the normal, non high temp paint would be up to the job but so far it seems absolutely fine.
They were coated them in high temp clear laquer aswell, just to be on the safe side. the images were taken on an iphone, so the are'nt that good.

brakes5.jpg

The decal looks a bit orange but it is a really deep red.

brakes4.jpg

Again, the lighting makes them look black under the wheels but not in the flesh.

brakes2.jpg

Red is the one colour i would never go mate, not my sort of thing at all. hahaha

look great. where you get the decals?

The decals were from eBay, they were about £15 but they are proper high temp vinyl. They are "Sline" ones but had to chop the "line" off to make them fit.

Is it easy to take the calipers off for painting?

How do you go about it? (small step by step?)

what paint did you use?

Thanks!

Mine are very easy, as the majority of the calliper comes off with just 4 bolts (as you can see in the picture) It depends which model you have, I believe mine are the same as the S4 and are different from the smaller engine models. You will have to check mate.
I just cleaned them up with degreaser, and primed them. I used normal body spray paint I got from the Internet ( my colour isn't available in motor factors). I used high temp, clear lacquer over the top.

Anyone got red calipers then..?
Thinking of doing mine soon too, although I feel I may end up going for black too..

Anyone got red calipers then..?
Thinking of doing mine soon too, although I feel I may end up going for black too..

Mine aren't black, mate. Try something different, depending what colour you car is and how big you brakes are. I'm not a fan of red calipers.

If you wash it regularly, White calipers would look mint in my opinion.