AH FabricationsChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

Remote Roof Module Installer? Who?

Hi Folks,

On Saturday I'll be collecting my new car (new to me) - a March 2008 A4 Cab special edition.

(as an aside, does this make it a B7 or B8 model? I'm new to this!)

The only immediate mods I want to make are to have a remote roof module installed - I'm not keen on doing this myself but through a wee bit of lurking here have seen not great reviews of the only company I can find to install a module.

Can anyone recommend someone who can install a module for me? {I'm near Nottingham in the midlands btw}

Cheers

Cliff

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I can get the module fitted for you, PM me mate for further info.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

cabriolet

Status
    would that company be hazzydays ????, if it isnt, add it to your avoid list.

pm nhn, he will get u sorted !
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    I can get the module fitted for you, PM me mate for further info.
    Magic - thanks Mate. Will drop you a PM today.

Quote Originally Posted by 1wheelonly View Post
    would that company be hazzydays ????, if it isnt, add it to your avoid list.

pm nhn, he will get u sorted !
    Yes - It was - it may well have been you that responded with less than favourable reports in fact Appreciate the advice.

It's a shame because the website looks pretty good and the range of products quite smart. Is there anyone else out there that does similar things? (I'm thinking of Bluetooth options and iPod connectors here)

1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffwright View Post
    Hi Folks,

On Saturday I'll be collecting my new car (new to me) - a March 2008 A4 Cab special edition.

(as an aside, does this make it a B7 or B8 model? I'm new to this!)

The only immediate mods I want to make are to have a remote roof module installed - I'm not keen on doing this myself but through a wee bit of lurking here have seen not great reviews of the only company I can find to install a module.

Can anyone recommend someone who can install a module for me? {I'm near Nottingham in the midlands btw}

Cheers

Cliff
    Hi mate,

I can recommend the same person who fitted mine to my car (1wheelonly). Top quality install from a well known forum member. Have you already got the module?
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmeagain View Post
    Hi mate,

I can recommend the same person who fitted mine to my car (1wheelonly). Top quality install from a well known forum member. Have you already got the module?
    No not yet - I don't actually know the specifics of what to buy - just done some skimming of these forums and know there's the 2 types - I'm after the 2nd type of module that allows Key fob operation and one touch operation from inside.

I've dropped NHN a PM but if he's too far away from me or somethign then I'll drop 1wheelonly a line

Can anyone confirm my chassis type? am I correct in thinking it's a B7? [March '08 S-sline special edition?]

1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Status
    No not yet - I don't actually know the specifics of what to buy - just done some skimming of these forums and know there's the 2 types - I'm after the 2nd type of module that allows Key fob operation and one touch operation from inside.

I've dropped NHN a PM but if he's too far away from me or somethign then I'll drop 1wheelonly a line

Can anyone confirm my chassis type? am I correct in thinking it's a B7? [March '08 S-sline special edition?]
    To be honest mate, I went for the remote one. I never use the button in the car, i just open it from outside as I am walking to it. And close it as I am walking away from it. Heres the link where you can buy one
    A4 Roof Module (outdoor) - Roof Modules
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Status
    To be honest mate, I went for the remote one. I never use the button in the car, i just open it from outside as I am walking to it. And close it as I am walking away from it. Heres the link where you can buy one
    Theres lots of good people on this forum that will help you out, so just ask and all your questions will be quickly answered.

I'm in Cruise control

Status
    This is the one i have

Reinhold Engineering

€135 = About 110 inc postage .

F
    ULL VCDS HEX-USB-CAN Interface available in the staffordshire area pm me.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ahh . . . that's probably a good point . . .

Does this module allow you to operate the roof at a decent speed though? I want to be able to trundle along in traffic and close the roof if it starts to rain on me without having to actually stop . . .

Cheers

Cliff

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RMH1A4cab View Post
    This is the one i have

Reinhold Engineering

€135 = About 110 inc postage .
    Interesting . . . when it states;

"If you've ever installed a radio in your car, then you'll have no problem with the installation of this module. . . "

Is it really that easy?

cabriolet

Status
    youll need to code the car too !!!!

I'm in Cruise control

Status
    Ahh . . . that's probably a good point . . .

Does this module allow you to operate the roof at a decent speed though? I want to be able to trundle along in traffic and close the roof if it starts to rain on me without having to actually stop . . .

Cheers

Cliff
    Not fitted mine yet i know of others who have with good results.

I'm fine working under the bonnet but wiring is not my thing, the chap posting above me had a look at the wiring diagram on mine the other day and said it wasn't difficult, lea is fitting mine in the coming weeks .

(lea did you get my text about the A5 cruise control ect )

F

cabriolet

Status
    no mate ?????

Reverse Gear

Status
    Theres lots of good people on this forum that will help you out, so just ask and all your questions will be quickly answered.
    Cheers - All's I'm looking to know now is;

a) I'm assuming I'll be a B7 with the newer shaped '09 onwards (non Cabriolet ) model being a B8 - that correct?
    b) Does the remote module (just the outdoor one as suggested) allow operation of the roof upto a certain speed (I'm guessing about 20-30 mph or something?)

NHN - Have PM'd you - let me know what you think

Cheers Guys

Cliff
    Last edited by cliffwright; 7th September 2010 at 10:53.

cabriolet

Status
    the one that offers the roof operation at speed is the "smartop" which is also the most expensive.
    i wouldnt even consider it being that is double the price of others and i always view the roof operating at speed as a large parachute

1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Status
    I was gonna buy the one that allows roof operation on the move, but after I thought about it. I wouldnt want my car to turn into a parachute either. LOL

I'm in Cruise control

Status
    With the size of the hood god knows what damage you could do by using it at speed !!.

(lea text you again yesterday , did you not get this either ? if not i'll pm you the details)

F

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1wheelonly View Post
    the one that offers the roof operation at speed is the "smartop" which is also the most expensive.
    i wouldnt even consider it being that is double the price of others and i always view the roof operating at speed as a large parachute
    Tis a fair point . . . I'm not desperate for this functionality as like you say, the remote roof operation is probably enough in most normal circumstances.

Where are you based 1wheelonly? NHN hasn't replied to my PM so must be a busy boy so I've still not sorted a fitter out . . .

Reverse Gear

Status
    Right then . . . took delivery of my new Mota today :0) . . .

NHN / 1wheelonly - will either of you fit a module for me please if I order one?

Reverse Gear

Status
    What's the difference btw between these modules and the 'SmartTop' modules? The blurb I've read of the SmartTop ones doesn't seem to mention any VAGCOM changes.

I think the install looks fairly straighforward but I'm a tad scared of ripping apart the interior panels!

Neutral

Status
    my 2008 cab allows you to close the roof up to 20mph this was standard on my car.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yeah . . . having tried it I realise now that Mine does too . . . it didn't on my '52 plate A4 . . . Nice.

Anyone else installed a 'SmartTop' module?

Reverse Gear

Status

Helloa?

NHN - Did you get my PM?

I'm still in need of an installer . . .