Kufatec roof HELP

Blackie

Reaction score
Website
www.desmocorse.net
Hi all

Just installing the roof module & it works with the 1 touch on the button inside, but i cant get it to work with the remotes.
Pissin me off now...

The functions are working on the mirror stalk as well , but no remote

Anyone please help

Ta

sounds like you need to recode the car.
try putting your key in the drivers door lock and unlocking the car, hold it in the unlock position and see if your roof folds down, if it doesnt then your cars not coded correctly and the module wont work.
do you have vagcom ???
if you do you need to check that in the comfort module, channel 62 is set to 255

Channel 062: Comfort Functions

• +001 = Comfort closing via remote for window regulators (not USA)
  • +002 = Comfort opening via remote for window regulators (not USA)
  • +004 = Comfort closing via lock cylinder for window regulators
  • +008 = Comfort opening via lock cylinder for window regulators
  • +016 = Comfort closing via remote for sunroof (not USA)
  • +032 = Comfort opening via remote for sunroof (not realized)
  • +064 = Comfort closing via lock cylinder for sunroof
  • +128 = Comfort opening via lock cylinder for sunroof (not realized)
Note: Adaptation value is the sum of the individual options.

Last edited:
Tried channel 62 mate & it was set to 72 . Reset it to 255 & no joy. Tried the key in the lock and the windows go up and down when the door is opened and closed.

At a bit of a loss now as the vag is set at the correct settings and its working from the inside switch and i only have to touch the switch once & it self coses/opens.

I just cant get it to work from the remote.

The instructions are a bit vague to folllow but there are only 4 modes from the mirror switch.

Sorry forgot to mention that the roof doesn't work with the key in the lock either although Vag tells us something in brackets. Will this be a dealer only setting or am I a module short in the car ?

am i right in saying that the kufatec module you have fitted is TWO modules, one in the back quarter ( for the one touch ) and the other in the drivers door card ( for the remote )
sounds like you may only have the one module and are reading it that it does all.
sorry if im wrong, just trying to get to the bottom of it with ya.

I have noticed people saying that closure of the roof was not available on the B7. Is this correct or do i need to get audi to do something that VSDS wont do ??

am i right in saying that the kufatec module you have fitted is TWO modules, one in the back quarter ( for the one touch ) and the other in the drivers door card ( for the remote )
sounds like you may only have the one module and are reading it that it does all.
sorry if im wrong, just trying to get to the bottom of it with ya.

Ah you could be right then. I take it i need the 2 modules to use it from the remote

I only have the one that fits in the back quarter. TBH it was a bit of a gamble, there was 1 for sale on ebay to fit an A3 cab for £75.
I went onto the web & sussed out they were the same unit so that was a result. You may be correct that i need the othe unit as well although i,m not that ***** about remote closure i just wanted the feature of being able to travel forward whilst the roof was going up.
Thanks for coming back to give some help appreciated

yeh, deffo 2 modules, one touch is in rear quater and remote is in drivers door.
i find the remote one better to be honest, never touched the button since fitting it .

I suppose i need to order one of those then. Seeing as the other was next to **** all its not turned out too bad.
Cheers for that i,ll get it on order, then it might work. *** there is always summat amiss

Hi I have it on my 2011MY TT no probs
On mine you press the unlock button 3 times to open or press the lock button 3 times to close
If you press it 4 it doesn't work as any button press after the 3 is emergency stop ie you have just seen some thing on rear parcel shelf hope that helps and all you had wrong was the key press I only have one module in the car

Last edited:
Ivor...

Do you still have the fitting instructions? Need some TT specific quite urgently.

If you google the instructions for a TT you will be able to download them. I did when searching for some A4 ones

as above you need to press the remote open 3 times
its a safeguard so you dont accidently open it and not realise
iv fitted them to b6 b7 tt a3 etc and iv never fitted 2 moduals
always 1 in the back quarter
also you keep refering to the mirror switches ?