S-line front bumper of Cupra r splitter.?

RMH1A4cab

I'm in Cruise control
Reaction score
Last week it was pointed out to me by lea that my front bumper is not an s-line one but one from and SE which audi did alot on pre 07 models, i've always thought there was something missing on the front of mine but could never put my finger on it, now i'm aware of the difference it stands out like a sore thumb (i must get my eyes tested).

I believe i havet wo choices ,

1) Get an s-line bumper and have it sprayed if i can't get the same colour , which i still don't what the full colour description of mine is anyone help with that one.

2) Get a cupra r slitter and either fit it as it comes or have it sprayed the coulour of the car, never seen one fitted to an a4 b7 so if anyone has a picture that would be a big help.

Picture of the bumper i have fitted .

bumper.jpg

Thanks

You should be able to pick up an S-line front bumper on Fleebay anywhere between £80 and £150. Most will require painting anyway. You will also require the inserts for the lower grills, as these are separate on the S-line. I have an S-line grill advertised in the classified section if you fancy changeing to an s-line front end.

See pic below for S-line bumper:
Audi_B7_A4_Hartmann_HRS6204_19_JH_3.jpg

Thanks for that food for thought, i take a look at your grill, anyone got a picture of the splitter fitted so I can compare the 2

On eBay there's a company selling front carbon or just plain abs splitters for your bumper . They stick on and look like the BMW m3 csi splitters . Iwanted them for my s line but they don't fit the s line bumper . I recon they look nicer than the cupra ones which I've fitted to my last 3 cars .

I think I was the first in the UK to put a Cupra splitter on a B7 A4 :)

Been through a few now (speedbumps, driveways, etc killed a couple) but they're a good, cheap addition that works well with the lines of the S-Line bumper, if fitted right.

There are a fair few S-Line bumpers up for sale on eBay, or you could go for a DTM one for a bit of a different look:

a4dtm05.jpg

I've been after a DTM bumper for ages now, they don't come up very often. The last one I was after the guy wanted £400 and it needed painting. Some poor sod bought it too.

Thanks everyone, gave me a few ideas now , i do like the s-line bumper but as a starting point i'm going to get the cupra slpitter may get it sprayed aswell, does it fit the SE bumper as easy as the s-line one.

I'll see how i go with this for a while and if i'm not happy i'll go the other way .

:)

Edit , please excuse the bad spelling/mistakes in this thread all posted with new htc desire phone.

Last edited:
Just ordered one £25inc vat, the only pictures I've seen are one's attached to the sline bumper, anyone got anyone got a picture of one on a b7 se bumper.

Cheers

Can anyone tell me what colour blue my car is , it just says blue on the log book, colour code would be a help as i'm not near the car .

Thanks

Excuse me, but whats the difference between your bumper and the s-line???!!!

The s-line bumper has a more promenant lower lip and the fog inserts are also different.

Excuse me, but whats the difference between your bumper and the s-line???!!!

What stepho said , i think the s-line bumper looks much better but the cupra r splitter does look good plus a cheaper option .

Anyone know what the colour is .?

Looks like i've got the standard SE bumper too then...

damn audi!!

Really?!

Woohoo!! :) :rock::rock:

Audi still suck for doing this!...if you buy a S-line, you should get a S-line!!

Does any one know what sort of grill is the black car at level 12 has. It look different to an se one with the vertical line being on top of the horizontal one like the sline grill.

Are the S-line bumpers just a straight swap, or are there any other mods that have to be carried out? I've noticed the spot lights surrounds are different.

I have never known so many variations on what is meant to be the same spec car .

I now can see my grill is not an s-line one like its meant to be .

Yeah, I think someone told me S-Line cabs were frequently sold with SE bumpers unless an S-Line bumper was specifically chosen on it's options list.

Does any one know what sort of grill is the black car at level 12 has. It look different to an se one with the vertical line being on top of the horizontal one like the sline grill.

That is a S4 grill

I happen to have one for sale if you are interested :)

Does the S-line Grill fit onto an SE bumper? Maybe this could be a mid-way step for me before I buy and paint the whole bumper!
Also, what kind of job is it to replace the front bumper? Any how to's?

Does the S-line Grill fit onto an SE bumper? Maybe this could be a mid-way step for me before I buy and paint the whole bumper!

Im in the same boat as you and i pretty sure it won't , has to be s-line bumper .

couple of the images uploaded by ultrmodz confuse me as the black A4 seems to have an S-line grill and SE bumper...

No, the S-Line grill does not fit into the SE bumper.

To replace the front bumper is a little bit of a faff in that some of the bolts are in irritating places. Once you've done it once then it's a doddle.

You'll miss the fun. Nothing better than removing and replacing your bumper on your own, being cold and wind blowing you everywhere. Ah, the scratched hands and the experience were worth it :)