Anyone fitted an XCarlink USB CD changer?

Bigman

Cornish and Proud!
Reaction score
Hey Guys

Just wondering if anyone has fitted one of the USB CD changers from XCarlink, I have a Concert 2, i can see how it all plugs in etc, but the car currently doesn't have a CD changer, does anyone know whether anything will need programming within VAGCOM to tell the car it now has a CD changer?

Thanks

Adam

Iwheelonly fitted the same unit in my car last weekend , its worth fitting it in the glovebox,remove the glovebox punch out the pre formed hole feed the wire to the head unit. I have just got some velcro pads and stuck it the roof of the glovebox so it looks tidy, i can post a picture if you like .

Sound quality is alot better than cd especailly using the sd card.

HTH

No just plugs in and it picks it up automatically

Ah, thats good, thanks.

Iwheelonly fitted the same unit in my car last weekend , its worth fitting it in the glovebox,remove the glovebox punch out the pre formed hole feed the wire to the head unit. I have just got some velcro pads and stuck it the roof of the glovebox so it looks tidy, i can post a picture if you like .

Sound quality is alot better than cd especailly using the sd card.

HTH

Thats pretty much what I was planning on doing, pulled the radio out today to have a quick look, gunna have a bash at fitting it tomorow. Pic would be good, just so I can see where other people have fitted the box.

Thanks

Adam

Ok , here you go .

IMAG0080.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

Hmm, well I should atleast be able to get it all wired in etc, although I am not 100% sure, but I think that I may need an adapter after having another look, as the plug that goes into the radio from the Xcarlink seams to fit where part of another plug is, although there are no wires going into this part of the plug, is it possible to just carefull mod the plug so that the Xcarlink one can fit in there too??

Lea, If it needs coding, any chance you would be able to do that for me? Speedy is away next week and I was hoping to get it done before I go to germany.....

Thanks

Adam

no problem big fella, come round anyway mate, we'll sort it, i have a few looms floatin about, if not, we will adapt yours no problem mate, pop round, wont take long.

Sorry to be a pain lea and for hijacking this thread, but did you have any joy in finding out the info with regards to my radio/dis information not being displayed.

Cheers

Hey Guys, I made a visit to Lea (1wheelonly) today, and we managed to get the Xcarlink all wired in, which was abit interesting as whoever wired the parrot into my car was a right butcher, its a proper mess back there! Any hoo, got back, made up a USB stick with folders named cd01 - cd06, stuck some songs in each and it works a treat, realy happy with it! I tried the stick with a cd07 folder, but it appears that it will only recognise up to 6 folders, but that isn't a problem realy with up to 99songs in a folder!

Adam

Lea does know his stuff.

The Xcarlink is a great bit of kit for the money , i've filled 2 8GB cards ready for my trip next week.

Enjoy .

yes got the codes mate from adams motor whilst i was plugged in,so when ever your about mate or when we do your roof module, ill activate it for ya mate no problem, still cant work out why yours doesnt show the code addaptions though.

but that isn't a problem realy with up to 99songs in a folder!

adam, dont forget you also still have the option to connect your iphone to it, i guess you could get alot more than 600 songs on that !! lol

have you tried the usb and a SD card at the same time ????
was just woundering if they worked together? which would give you even more maybe

adam, dont forget you also still have the option to connect your iphone to it, i guess you could get alot more than 600 songs on that !! lol

have you tried the usb and a SD card at the same time ????
was just woundering if they worked together? which would give you even more maybe

Yeh, I do have abit of music on the IPhone atm! I have not tried an SD card and USB stick, I may have to try it with the one out of my camera, I will let you know how it goes!

Adam

Cheers lea i'll give you a bell when it arrives , i'm away next week so hopefully it will of turned up by the time i get back .

As for the Xcarlink the sd card overides everything you have to clip the card out for the 3.5mm jack/usb to work .
I've sorted the interference out on the car link i was using a crap 3.5mm extention lead, changed it and all is ok, still got the noise on the bluetooth even when the enigine if off , get worse with the engine running , checked the wires and all seems ok, any ideas .

Cheers